Zak0r wrote:Often when I ready Xilmi's analyses how the AI should think (what city to take, how much population, how well is it defended, do I have the needed troops, what do I still need (maybe also how good are my trade pacts with the target faction?)) it is exactly how I think about that ingame.
Xilmi wrote:I prepared everything for the next build of the beta.
Here's the changes compared to the current version:
* Added two sets of new icons for farmers, miners, workers and scientists that gain higher yields than normal.
* Added option in Pandora.xml to switch between the two sets of new icons.
* Added a mechanism for the AI to check how usefull a war will be and make its decision to go to war dependand on that.
* AI now will, in average, commit more scientists to research.
* AI now considers pollution when assigning population to jobs.
* AI will no longer grant you gifts all the time just because they like you.
* AI players are now more difficult to convince to declare war on others.
* AI now will prioritize devices that best fit the unit-type.
* AI now can and will use fungus once it has the two advancements boosting its yield.
* AI will now allocated more minerals into boosting its newly found cities.
* AI will now lower their standing to someone capturing a city depending on that cities importance for its previous owner.
* AI now takes device and unit-type into consideration, when deciding which units to use as defenders.
* AI no longer considers distance when picking defenders for its cities.
* AI no longer voluntarily gifts away its credits.
* AI will now use bombardment and nukes primarily to kill transports and disrupt healing in besieged cities.
* AI will now be much more carefull about where to use blackholes.
* AI will now rather save a WMD for better use than to risk overnuking a target.
* Depending on their aggression-level AIs now may consider making more units as a means of expansion rather than building colonizers.
* AI will now rather pillage tile-improvements instead of retreating if it considers the defenses of a city too strong.
* Improved AI behavior when confronted with long-range-units.
* AI will now be more careful about where to colonize.
* AI will now keep units inside their cities if they are not needed otherwise.
* AI will now consider WMD-buildings more valuable.
* AI now is much more likely to build naval units in coastal cities.
* AI will no longer value research once it has enough science for a research-victory.
* Fixed AI ignoring how you react to a tribute-offer. Standing will now properly change.
* AI will now lower their standing to someone capturing a city depending on that cities importance for its previous owner
JetJaguar wrote:How exactly does this work?
JetJaguar wrote:also: is tomorrow a possible release date? Thanks in advance.
Zak0r wrote:Maybe this particular problem could be resolved if you introduce alliances that are formed for such wars and actually work together against a stronger target.
Xilmi wrote:But that of course doesn't mean I'm going to stop here. My ultimate goal still is to make the AI as challenging as possible even without any boni! Pandora shall always be the first mention when someone asks for a 4x-game that actually has good AI!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest