spies

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

spydermr2
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

spies

Post by spydermr2 »

OK. Quite sick of spies that literally stall my research completely, by constantly respawning and going from their cities 3-hexes away straight into mine. Over and over again.
Is there a way to change the .xml or a mod that ONLY removes spies? I saw an earlier mod that remove spying but it went beyond that and removed things i like.

--- EDIT: Oops. Didn't see the "nospy" mod in the modder's corner. Will grab that one. Thanks, Ximli.

Also, spying is a good idea, but for the love of all that's holy, there needs to be ways to defend/counter them. No chance of moving through a tile with a military unit set to "guard", for instance. Setting your own spy in a city = substantial chance to capture the opposing spy. Something. Love the idea of spies, but am beyond the frustration point with it in its current form.

Thanks, as always!
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Re: spies

Post by Xilmi »

spydermr2 wrote: Also, spying is a good idea, but for the love of all that's holy, there needs to be ways to defend/counter them. No chance of moving through a tile with a military unit set to "guard", for instance.
That's exactly what you do against them: Block their path. They cannot move through other units.

For a long time in my patch the AI hasn't built spies because it was terrible at using them.
But I've improved their spy-handling a lot and reintroduced spies being built. I haven't uploaded this yet so far.

Tomorrow I'll try to merge with void's changes. Those are basically about removing chances but instead making spy-power a base value to calculate the stolen amount.
Once that is in place one could do stuff like: Having a spy in a city spied from halfs the spies effectiveness or so.

I'll come back and give you the link once I'm done with that.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”