Is the Espionage System Working in 1.6.3?

4X strategy game from Proxy Studios

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Slitherine Core

Braxtil
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Is the Espionage System Working in 1.6.3?

Post by Braxtil »

I bought Pandora last week, and I'm really enjoying it. I've finished three games now, and none of the AIs have used espionage against me. I experimented with it in one game and gave up after failing six 65% technology theft missions in a row. Is it currently broken? Thanks.
Thebitlocker
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Is the Espionage System Working in 1.6.3?

Post by Thebitlocker »

hi,

i can't remember that the AI was using espionage very often in the past (pre 1.6 patch)
In my last game (1.6.3) i didn't saw any AI spy too. :shock:

But my espionage was working.

But the espionage was overpowered in the past. With a good connection to the city it was possible to destroy a city in a few rounds.
e.g. virus
dmantione
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by dmantione »

In 1.5.x the AI did make use of espionage a lot (and made it even annoying to catch all those enemy spies in single player games), but in 1.6.x espionage is a lot less powerfull and therefore it is much less rewarding for the AI. The AI currently does not use spies at all, because it is unclear wether investing significant amounts of money in it is worth the cost for the AI.
Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r »

My personal opinion is that the spies have been overnerfed with the rule that they stop when crossing a border. All other changes are ok I think but this one just makes them useless (when not in war and attacking the target with regular units as well).
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Zak0r wrote:My personal opinion is that the spies have been overnerfed with the rule that they stop when crossing a border.
Spies are honest people, they show their true papers to custom officers: "Occupation: Spy".
It could halve their movement instead in belonging territories, as they become more carefull. That should be worst?
Xilmi
Pandora Community Developer
Pandora Community Developer

Post by Xilmi »

Rok hasn't spoken out about it. I think I'll just revert that last nerf and we'll see whether he steps in or not. ^^

I don't think he really can be for something that makes a feature completely useless, when there is a nice solution that sounds about balanced.

Return to “Pandora - First Contact”