[Bugs]

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Hoist
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

[Bugs]

Post by Hoist » Sat May 16, 2015 10:15 pm

First of all i'd like to say great game i love the missions that every country has, super nice. Make more of these and have more choices also make it easy to mod these missions. IMO the missions are really the highpoints of this game what makes it pop. Also add an explanation as to why you are trying to accomplish these missions and in certain situations since you are the ruler you would probably know what the next missions would be.
Not in all cases e.g. the Azure Islands treasure hunt missions. In the case of this kind of mission you should random the location of the treasure between 5 different locations or similar for other similar missions.

Anyways on to some bugs/improvement suggestions.

The limit for elites are 4 units but if some of these elite units are at sea they do not count towards the 4 unit limit. I.e. you have built 4 elite units then you put 2 of them to sea and you can build 2 more of those elites giving you 6 elites.

AI defending a province with a river actually are at a disadvantage since the AI will not sit on the banks of the river and defend, instead the AI will send it's units into the river to try and attack the attackers which means as the attacker you just move your troops to the river bank and slaughter the defenders as they try to cross the river.

I don't mind the AI abandoning objectives in battle but when it is the third and last objective the AI really should not move back from it.

Windowed mode is not working as it should i cant maximise the window and remove the borders.

It is possible to move a unit then attack with that unit and then press the regret move button and the unit will move back to its original position but the damage done in the attack will still remain. It should not be possible to press the regret move button after attacking.

Improving low level provinces should be much cheaper to upgrade and high level provinces should be more expensive to upgrade.

The UI needs massive improvement, im just going to mention some of my pet peeves.

Usually in most games you select units with left click and then you do actions with them with right click, in this game you select with left click and then move with left click this is not good since if you select one unit and then want to select another unit you left click that other unit but what happens then is that you move the first unit to the province of the second unit.

You can't select units so that they are sticky. The scenario is i have 20 units, i want oto disband the unit that is in the middle of the other units. So i mouse over that unit then move the mouse up to the disband button but as i do that i mouse over other units and the card will switch to the unit last moused over making it impossible to disband that unit and also do other stuff like check the skills of the unit etc.

The diplomacy/trade screens are tedious and obtuse to use. I have read that you are going to redo it but i think it deserves a mention since its the worst part of the UI.

when comparing units in the purchase units screen, you use red and green to indicate that an value is lower or higher than the values of the unit being compared. These colors are also used to indicate damage types like NATURE and WAR.
By the way what the hell is war damage?

I can't see the unit upkeep on the unit cards, if i want to see this i have to go into the purchase units screen and click the unit type and then the actual unit. I.e. lots of click.

Rosseau
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: [Bugs]

Post by Rosseau » Sun May 17, 2015 12:43 am

As a huge Matrix customer (yes, it's hard to be humble with the money I've spent), I consider this game EA, which it most certainly is. There is much to do, and the dev needs time to sort things out, the last probably being the AI.

However, I fully expect that upon release it will no longer put my video card on steroids. In the unlikely event it does, I know Matrix will refund my money, so no problem, and good luck in the continued development of this game. We all want it to come out okay :)

Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca » Sun May 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Lots of great feedback here. Many of these are bugs/tasks that we have on our list. I'll touch on a few that may warrant further explanation.
Hoist wrote: Improving low level provinces should be much cheaper to upgrade and high level provinces should be more expensive to upgrade.
We actually had it this way originally and found that it didn't play very well that way. Having upgrade costs increase as economy increases creates a kind of "communist effect." By this, I mean that players will naturally upgrade the cheapest provinces first, and this means that all low-grade economies get brought up to mid-level, while high grade economies stay the same. The end result is that all economies end up pretty much the same, leaving little differentiation and interest in particular provinces. When we moved to "upgrade any economy--same price," the decision making shifted more toward your center of power (nearby economies contribute more gold) and strategic position (upgrade economies that are least likely to be damaged by war). This ended up being better for the game. It also creates more differentiation in provinces, and you will end up valuing some provinces more than others, which is a good thing.

Hoist wrote: Usually in most games you select units with left click and then you do actions with them with right click, in this game you select with left click and then move with left click this is not good since if you select one unit and then want to select another unit you left click that other unit but what happens then is that you move the first unit to the province of the second unit.
You can do that. Just go to Settings, and check "Right Click Move."

Hoist wrote: You can't select units so that they are sticky. The scenario is i have 20 units, i want oto disband the unit that is in the middle of the other units. So i mouse over that unit then move the mouse up to the disband button but as i do that i mouse over other units and the card will switch to the unit last moused over making it impossible to disband that unit and also do other stuff like check the skills of the unit etc.
Double click the unit to pin it.
Hoist wrote:
when comparing units in the purchase units screen, you use red and green to indicate that an value is lower or higher than the values of the unit being compared. These colors are also used to indicate damage types like NATURE and WAR.
By the way what the hell is war damage?
Good point. This is a bit confusing as it stands now. War damage is a type of magical damage. The magical schools are War, Nature, Death and Illusion. Some units are vulnerable to a specific magic type, and magic damage can bypass Resilience and Phantom (missile) abilities.

Southern Hunter
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Southern Hunter » Sun May 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Can I just say that the War, Nature, Death and Illusion categories are QUITE unusual and hard to visualise. Most games might go fire, water, earth, air, life, death, physical, poison, etc, which are much easier to understand. A rather fundamental design point, but I will say it now anyway.

Return to “Sovereignty”