Experience.

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

jujax_slith
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Experience.

Post by jujax_slith » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:04 am

Hi,

I played to the bugged state (as tech note) in ironman mode with Maledor.

During this time, i got experienced troops : cultist of course, tower harpies, 1 justicar (got 2 stars).

But I find that the archers never got experience : my necromancer & sorceress that were from all the battles never gained these "stars".

I must assume that archers never kill troops, they are here to soften troops and it is very hard to kill a troop with archer (good).

Can you explain a little the mechanics to gain these stars ?

I think that every troop should gain some experience and i only saw 2 increase by experience, maybe a third level should be good : experienced, veteran, elite.

My 2 cents.

Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Re: Experience.

Post by Breca » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:22 pm

Medals do not use a traditional experience point system. Instead, medals are awarded for outstanding "valor in battle." While killing a lot of enemies is a direct route to gaining medals, the system takes into account the difficulty of actions. For example, a dragon killing a lot of grunts doesn't really mean very much, whereas a grunt killing (or even surviving an attack from) a dragon may be a feat worthy of the telling. Healers may also gain medals now and then keeping their compatriots alive. Last, the system also considers what percentage of your army has already been awarded a medal. Your generals don't want to hand out medals like hotcakes, or they will lose their meaning. Medals awarded start becoming rarer relative to the percent of units in your army that already have medals.

Good Hunting!

Breca

Dunadd
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Dunadd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:56 am

But that means the more your armies fight the less of them become veterans. That doesn't make much sense to me. How experienced troops were has been an important factor in pretty much every war in history ( and fantasy).

Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:00 am

Since this is being bumped, i will direct you to the current news regarding this system: http://steamcommunity.com/games/312430/ ... 7717643054

Dunadd

Post by Dunadd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:24 pm

I like that, but as jujax says, units shouldn't have to have actually delivered the final blow to a unit to get experience. How about two types of Exp - medals, which you only get the way you've made it - and more general experience for having fought in so many battles. Units that have fought in say 2 battles could get plus 1 discipline and defence, 4 or 5 battles plus, plus 1 attack (or ranged attack depending on unit type) and another plus 1 discipline. That way you could have veteran armies.

Return to “Sovereignty”