Whole armies of elite battle orcs with 6 defence?

Sovereignty is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It combines a kingdom management campaign game with a general's level tactical battle game.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

Dunadd
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Whole armies of elite battle orcs with 6 defence?

Post by Dunadd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:01 am

Playing wood elves it limits me to 4 of any elite unit - then i get invaded by an entire army of 'Zahuk Battle Orcs' with 2 attack, 6 Defence and Shield Wall. Either the kingdoms' armies are hugely imbalanced or else those should be elite units - max 4 per army. I'm not even sure i have anything in my army that could scratch them - not spell singers, not satyrs, not archers, nothing. Well, maybe a treant, but since they need 3 alchemy each and only move 2 and can't move and attack in the same turn they wouldn't be a match for them either.

I started up a game as Khazoth and it shows them in it as 2 attack, 2 defence (still ridiculously good for a basic line unit and should be restricted to elites, but not the 2,6 they turn up as in the actual battles - couldn't even scratch them.

Dunadd

Re: Whole armies of elite battle orcs with 6 defence?

Post by Dunadd » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:35 am

Turns out there was one army of them with Defence 6 and another with Defence 2 - and the second time i fought the Defence 6 ones my elven archers could suddenly harm them - don't understand this, but worked out ok.

Though my archers did kill a wyvern or dragon ('Old Betty') but didn't even get a medal for it - so unfair :)

Dunadd

Post by Dunadd » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:28 pm

Was thinking about this - does Khazoth maybe have a spell that can permanently increase a unit's defence? If so that would explain it.

Edit - checked this - they don't. Only thing i can think of is medals, though it seems unlikely they could have got that many +! Defence medals for that many units, never mind that fast.

Breca
Gothic Labs
Gothic Labs

Post by Breca » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Probably had Shield Wall active.

Dunadd

Post by Dunadd » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:16 am

Nah, that can't be it. I know they're much harder to damage in shield wall - but i was looking at the stats of individual units. In some armies they mostly had Defence 2 with the odd Defence 3 one. But in this army many had Defence 6 (one even had 7). It was late in the game, but even so, can't see several units having got 4 +1 Defence medals each in the same army.

Return to “Sovereignty”