Tech support for Conflict of Heroes

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Penfold
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

No suitable graphics card found.

Post by Penfold »

Hi All,

Some older systems and Laptops do not have a DirectX 9 compliant Graphics card, and are getting this error, and/or "This program requires pixel shader 3.0 and vertex shader 3.0" We have created an update that addresses this issue and are testing it. If you are experiencing this issue you can get the update from the Matrix Members Club. You will need to register your Serial Number for CoH to be able to download the update. It is not official yet, so you will not be able to use the Multi-player server, until it is.

Best Regards,
Andrew L.
Matrix Production Assistant
idburrell
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: No suitable graphics card found.

Post by idburrell »

Tried the patch but still no luck, error message still appears. Graphics details as follows:

Name, Value
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Adapter Name: Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500M
Chipset Name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Video Memory: 797.46 MB
Compatibility: Intel Corporation
DAC Type: Internal
Architecture: VGA
Current Resolution: 1366 x 768
Current Color Mode: 32 bits per pixel
Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
Current Scan Mode: Non-interlaced
BIOS Name: Intel Video BIOS
BIOS Version: Hardware Version 0.0
BIOS Date: 11/11/20
Pixel Shader Version: 3.0
Vertex Shader Version: 3.0
WDDM Supported: Yes
Installed Drivers: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
Driver Date: 2/11/2011
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2302
INF File Name: oem49.inf
INF Section: iCNT0

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Chipset Name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Compatibility: Intel Corporation
Architecture: VGA
BIOS Version: Hardware Version 0.0
BIOS Date: 11/11/20
Installed Drivers: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
Driver Date: 2/11/2011
INF File Name: oem49.inf
INF Section: iCNT1
Najanaja
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Najanaja »

Where is this patch?
I can't see anything available for CoH
Penfold

Post by Penfold »

Hi idburrell,

Your graphics card, GMA 4500M, does not support the min specs, and the developer is, unfortunately, not surprised that the patch didn't help on your laptop. That card isn't really designed for advanced 3D graphics, and we would recommend upgrading the video card, or trying the game on another system.

Best Regards,
Andrew L
Matrix Games Production Assistant
Penfold

Post by Penfold »

Hi Arminius,

The file can be found in the Matrix Members Club. You will need a Matrix account and register your Serial Number for the game. Then if you look at the list of games there is a column for 'Downloads' with an orange "Registered" link. Clicking the one for CoH will show you the download.

Best Regards,
Andrew L
Matrix Games Production Assistant
Najanaja

Post by Najanaja »

OK Thanks. I'll look again.
When I looked previously that column was empty.
Arminius
Najanaja

Post by Najanaja »

"Your graphics card, GMA 4500M, does not support the min specs, and the developer is, unfortunately, not surprised that the patch didn't help on your laptop. That card isn't really designed for advanced 3D graphics, and we would recommend upgrading the video card, or trying the game on another system".

Yes well, that's pretty arrogant and yes when you read the fine print you are informed that you need high-end 3D graphics.

But, like me, you might have over-looked that because this is a board game conversion.
(A board game is where you think for a while, then move a (simulated) cardboard counter then think some more and move another counter).

I would suggest that there would be many players interested in this game who are not into super 3D flight sims and shoot em ups and have more basic set ups.

So if you have a computer that is more than a couple of years old or one with on-board graphics I'd look very carefully before I bought this product.

Robert
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You'll have to understand that this game in spite of being based in a board wargame, is heavily 3D.
You don't need an high end graphic card, but for 3D it's always better to have a dedicated and not a on-board graphic card, specially if it's just an Intel. The problem is more serious when it's older hardware.
Unfortunately all the hardware and software have a small living cycle, and when you stretch it, you can always end up facing this kind of issues.
The living cycle of a system is usually four or five years, but it can depend of course. I know this is arguable, but in my support, I can say it has been always like this.
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Penfold wrote:Hi All,

Some older systems and Laptops do not have a DirectX 9 compliant Graphics card, and are getting this error, and/or "This program requires pixel shader 3.0 and vertex shader 3.0" We have created an update that addresses this issue and are testing it. If you are experiencing this issue you can get the update from the Matrix Members Club. You will need to register your Serial Number for CoH to be able to download the update. It is not official yet, so you will not be able to use the Multi-player server, until it is.

Best Regards,
Andrew L.
Matrix Production Assistant
I downloaded the 1.1 version and encountered the problem stated above. Then I downloaded beta update and the game worked fine. With the 1.2 update I would get an error message when trying to auto-update but then was directed to make a manual download which circumvented this problem. When I tried to play the game using 1.2 the same error message occured as in the 1.1 version. I'm not interested in switching back and forth with the beta while awaiting another patch but would like to know what my system lacks. I can't imagine my PC being considered archaic so here are its stats. Also why does the beta work but 1.2 fails. Also when I downloaded the patch I uninstalled everything including the beta in case it was intefering. When I installed the game it redownloaded the updates to driver and framework that is recommended but wouldn't that have been completed after the first instal? Also I noticed my direct is x11 so why did it need updating?

Mystified,

Steve

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/25/2012, 09:19:25
Machine name: PCUSER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ONKYO CORPORATION
System Model: ONKYOPC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3896MB RAM
Page File: 1927MB used, 5860MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i5)
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_76161462&REV_18
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor Name: 汎用 PnP モニター
Monitor Model: LB23JW
Monitor Id: ONK5730
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2302 (English)
DDI Version: 10
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 2/11/2011 19:16:38, 6549504 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4302-11CF-2C7F-1C56B8C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x0042
SubSys ID: 0x76161462
Revision ID: 0x0018
Driver Strong Name: oem16.inf:Intel.Mfg.NTamd64:iILKD0:8.15.10.2302:pci\ven_8086&dev_0042
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_B ModeVC1_C
Deinterlace Caps: {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
{BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
D3D9 Overlay: Supported
DXVA-HD: Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm just a moderator in Panzer Corps forum, and I'm not connected anyway with CoH.
Professionally I've been working for more than 20 years in areas connected with PC tech support.

So from what you show me here, I think you've a nice desktop computer. In my view, and please don't take any offense, in terms of a desktop gaming PC, it lacks two things very important, but only one is needed in CoH's case:
A dedicated graphic card.
Intel onboard graphics it's not for gaming, specially if you're using a game that uses a lot of 3D functions, like is CoH. People think erroneously that only FPS or simulators games are heavy.
And that because people confuse between speed and 3D functions. CoH doesn't need a fast 3D card. It need a 3D card which work well with most 3D functions, like Nvida and ATI base cards.
In resume you've a great desktop machine for executing office and home duties. But to be considered a gaming machine it needed more.
Just for your information, there's also another handicap, but that it's not important for CoH. It's your processor. In some heavy games, not Call of Duties or Battlefields but rather in games like ArmA and flight simulators for example, your CPU might not be enough. While the clock speed is enough (3.2Ghz) but today it's important to have 4 real cores. You've 2 cores and 4 threads. If it was a i5-750, 760 or a 2500 it would have 4 real cores and 4 threads. Some games today are using the maximum number of cores to run more efficiently, coming to the point that they are optimized for that (it's called multicore processing) and not so much for clock speed (CPU speed).
But this won't affect CoH. Only the graphic card could help.
All users who seem to be complaining with this kind of errors, have in common Intel HD graphics like you (although different graphic chipsets).
My machine where I've CoH installed and running, is inferior to your PC in all aspects... except I've a 100€ dedicated graphic card.

But I would keep posting in Matrix, because they have a dedicated dev there. And he knows more than I do. Your Intel chipset is recent, it should be compatible with most 3D functions.
But then again you don't have too much graphic dedicated memory, only 64MB, according to DxDiag.
Have you look into your CMOS/BIOS setup, and check if there's an option where you can attribute more memory to your graphic card?
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

VPaulus wrote:I'm just a moderator in Panzer Corps forum, and I'm not connected anyway with CoH.
Professionally I've been working for more than 20 years in areas connected with PC tech support.

So from what you show me here, I think you've a nice desktop computer. In my view, and please don't take any offense, in terms of a desktop gaming PC, it lacks two things very important, but only one is needed in CoH's case:
A dedicated graphic card.
Intel onboard graphics it's not for gaming, specially if you're using a game that uses a lot of 3D functions, like is CoH. People think erroneously that only FPS or simulators games are heavy.
And that because people confuse between speed and 3D functions. CoH doesn't need a fast 3D card. It need a 3D card which work well with most 3D functions, like Nvida and ATI base cards.
In resume you've a great desktop machine for executing office and home duties. But to be considered a gaming machine it needed more.
Just for your information, there's also another handicap, but that it's not important for CoH. It's your processor. In some heavy games, not Call of Duties or Battlefields but rather in games like ArmA and flight simulators for example, your CPU might not be enough. While the clock speed is enough (3.2Ghz) but today it's important to have 4 real cores. You've 2 cores and 4 threads. If it was a i5-750, 760 or a 2500 it would have 4 real cores and 4 threads. Some games today are using the maximum number of cores to run more efficiently, coming to the point that they are optimized for that (it's called multicore processing) and not so much for clock speed (CPU speed).
But this won't affect CoH. Only the graphic card could help.
All users who seem to be complaining with this kind of errors, have in common Intel HD graphics like you (although different graphic chipsets).
My machine where I've CoH installed and running, is inferior to your PC in all aspects... except I've a 100€ dedicated graphic card.

But I would keep posting in Matrix, because they have a dedicated dev there. And he knows more than I do. Your Intel chipset is recent, it should be compatible with most 3D functions.
But then again you don't have too much graphic dedicated memory, only 64MB, according to DxDiag.
Have you look into your CMOS/BIOS setup, and check if there's an option where you can attribute more memory to your graphic card?
Thanks for the reply but what makes me wonder is why the beta worked fine but the latest patch doesn't. If the PS2.0 beta works then shouldn't the 1.2 patch work then?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I don't know the answer for that.
But it's reasonable to assume that the devs might know why, and soon hopefully there will be another patch or even an hotfix.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes : Tech Support”