New Ideas for CEaW Grand Strategy

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

StevenCarleton
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Tension in the Balkins

Post by StevenCarleton »

Kuz wrote:If you want a bit of randomness then I suggest you have Yugoslavia either stay neutral, come in as an allied minor, or as an axis minor
This proposal involves the larger issue of adding diplomacy and random, non-historical variants. Players have been asking for this since back in the days when CEAW was in beta and there have been additional requests to the mod team since then. I generally support this as an option. I've seen it available in other WW2 games and it can add alot of interesting variants. Also, as students of history, we know that many things that happened during the war (like the Yugo rebellion) could easily have turned out very differently, greatly affecting the war. Back in '06 and '07, I believe Johan and Iain rejected this feature as being too complex and possibly having a negative effect on game balance.
_Augustus_
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by _Augustus_ »

Hi,

Would the team care to comment on possible or foreseeable release schedule for the 2.00?

To start a new 1.06 game or not is the question....
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

_Augustus_ wrote:Hi,

Would the team care to comment on possible or foreseeable release schedule for the 2.00?

To start a new 1.06 game or not is the question....
Sure. It's going to be a while. Maybe by Christmas. We've introduced such a massive amount of changes requiring us to go through an extensive set of testing to ensure that we gotten the most bugs possible (hopefully all of them) and maintained and / or tweaked game balance as best as possible.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”