Fate of allied units when country surrenders

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

gchristie
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Fate of allied units when country surrenders

Post by gchristie »

If the British are helping Spain against Germany, and Madrid falls, my understanding from reading the forum posts is that British units stationed in cities survive. What happens to British units not stationed in Spanish cities? If a fighter is stationed at the Gibraltar airfield, will it disappear when Spain falls? Appreciate a response as my worthy foe is knocking on Madrid's door.

Liking the GS 1.02 and 1.04 mods in PBEM very much :D

Regards.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

The units will keep control over the land hexes. So if you e. g. place British units in Spanish cities then these will change to British control instead of German.

The only important exception is control of ports. If you don't have a unit physically in the city controlling the port then your naval unit in the port will be destroyed when the country surrenders. This is because enemy units will take control of the city controlling the port. This was done to prevent e. g. subs being left in ports to block the enemy from using the port. GS changed the rules so you can't attack naval units in port with surface ships and subs can't attack subs.

Gibraltar is not Spanish controlled so you won't lose Gibraltar if Spain surrenders.
gchristie

Post by gchristie »

Thanks for the speedy response.

This is as I thought, but I did not want to learn the hard way if I was wrong.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”