Some questions and suggestions about CEAW-GS

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

moet
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Some questions and suggestions about CEAW-GS

Post by moet » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi everyone. I played half of the 1940 campaign and I enjoy a lot this game. Better than Strategic Command on the grand strategic and operational levels.

I have some questions :
- Is it possible to loose a naval unit inside a transport loop (ex.: German naval unit between Baltic and North seas in 1940)?
- Does the research results (provided by labs) increase at the same rate for every country, allowing Russians, if they do the same investments, to get the same or even better technologies than the Germans or British (at the same time)?
- How a Partisan unit can be as strong as a German experienced infantry Corps ?!
- Is there a list of shortcuts somewhere (ex.: to save the game)?

And suggestions too :
- I'm surprised that the air units can not do some recon (outside the automatic recon area that do all units). It should be added.
- The game would get a big improvement if the air units could overlap the ground units (like in Panzer Corps). This would be more consistent with the map scale.
- It would be great to be able to cancel some of our last actions (ex.: move inside friendly ZOC).

moet

Post by moet » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:21 pm

No reactions? No answers?

zechi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Some questions and suggestions about CEAW-GS

Post by zechi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:38 pm

I will try to give you some answers:
moet wrote: - Is it possible to loose a naval unit inside a transport loop (ex.: German naval unit between Baltic and North seas in 1940)?
No, this is not possible as far as I know. If you transport more units that can be deployed at the end of the transport loop (can really only happen in the Red Sea), the “blocked” units will appear one turn after there is enough room for them.
- Does the research results (provided by labs) increase at the same rate for every country, allowing Russians, if they do the same investments, to get the same or even better technologies than the Germans or British (at the same time)?
This depends on the settings you start the game with. Normally “random research” is activated and then you can get random scientific breakthroughs. Therefore it is fully possible to get the upper hand with several technologies with one major power with some luck and heavy investments in one area. If “random research” is deactivated the increase is the same for every “lab” invested per turn. So if you invest many labs in one area you will get the upper hand in this tech if you invest more labs then the enemy. Please note that the major powers start the game with different tech levels (for example Germany starts with a very high level of organisation representing their tactical advantage at the beginning of the war). In addition the AI “cheats” depending on the difficulty level and will often have better techs in nearly every area on the hardest difficulty level.
- How a Partisan unit can be as strong as a German experienced infantry Corps ?!
This it not true, look at the different ability scores. Partisan units have the same stats as GAR.
- Is there a list of shortcuts somewhere (ex.: to save the game)?
There are shortcuts, they should be listed in the manual.

moet

Post by moet » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks ! :)

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”