He lied.
rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 »

Goldblooded wrote:
shawkhan wrote:When?
He lied.
O.K. ... I'm trying to figure out to what or to whom you're referring. And, a friendly warning, we don't tolerate calling folks liars, or any other derogatory name on this forum. So when, of if, you clarify please keep that in mind.
alexis86
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

hi

Post by alexis86 »

Hi im quite new to this game seems a good game tho, but how to u increase your army's fight power??
rkr1958

Re: hi

Post by rkr1958 »

alexis86 wrote:Hi im quite new to this game seems a good game tho, but how to u increase your army's fight power??
Research and leaders.
alexis86

hi

Post by alexis86 »

ok thanks and how do i increase the production points and manpower? sorry im just trying to get a rough idea.
Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus »

1) You can't do anything to increase manpower--it just grows at a set rate--but you can and will decrease it by building/repairing units.

2) PP's come mainly from cities/resource hexes that have #s next to them (e.g. London: 10) and from improving Industry tech.

My advice: Play a few games vs. the computer, and these basic questions will all be answered. The computer is so incompetent (esp. as the Axis) that you can make countless mistakes and still win. It's a great way to get the feel for the game and to try out various strategies.

I advise you to take Axis vs. the computer as Allies. Yes, the computer is a poor opponent, but as the Allies it at least can give you a moderately enjoyable experience, especially when you're just learning the ropes.

Enjoy!
Samhain
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Samhain »

Increase production points by doing General-Industry research and taking resources and cities. You can't increase your manpower except by not spending more manpower than you earn which is in any case unlikely to happen even against the AI.
alexis86

Post by alexis86 »

Samhain wrote:Increase production points by doing General-Industry research and taking resources and cities. You can't increase your manpower except by not spending more manpower than you earn which is in any case unlikely to happen even against the AI.
I'm doing terrible at the war need help to beat the axis!
alexis86

hi

Post by alexis86 »

P.S what happens when my army runs out of supply?
alexis86

question?

Post by alexis86 »

just wondering why and how the German army are much stronger than any other army?? How do u keep strength,supply and movement high??
Samhain

Post by Samhain »

I'm doing terrible at the war need help to beat the axis!
Defend until turn 50 or so then attack the axis.
P.S what happens when my army runs out of supply?
Units out of supply don't fight very well.
just wondering why and how the German army are much stronger than any other army?? How do u keep strength,supply and movement high??
The German Army were better than any other army because of the harsh Prussian drill system that had been in use for hundreds of years, no other country used it because it was very bad for morale. You keep strength high by repairing,supply by being able to trace a path to a city you control and movement by being on the clear (normal) terrain.
hue
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re:

Post by hue »

joerock22 wrote: 3. I was able to make a lightning landing from Cherbourg (boarding transport and landing in 1 turn).
Hi Joe!
could you (or somebody else) please describe how you did this? I tried in hotseat but could figure it out ... I know how to do it in Denmark, but here I don't get it.
thanks. Hue
Dear receiver! This post was officially proofread by the NSA to avoid displeasing content in order to guarantee your complete satisfaction! Thank you for your understanding. You're welcome!
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Re:

Post by richardsd »

hue wrote:
joerock22 wrote: 3. I was able to make a lightning landing from Cherbourg (boarding transport and landing in 1 turn).
Hi Joe!
could you (or somebody else) please describe how you did this? I tried in hotseat but could figure it out ... I know how to do it in Denmark, but here I don't get it.
thanks. Hue
have a ship in port, the transport appears I hex out and able to land - we fixed this in 2.1 though :D
robertcomposer
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: FAQ, Hints & Tricks.

Post by robertcomposer »

This guide was very helpful. Is there by any chance another? Especially would like to see some tips on fighting Russia...

Thanks!
amcdonel
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by amcdonel »

robertcomposer wrote:This guide was very helpful. Is there by any chance another? Especially would like to see some tips on fighting Russia...

Thanks!
There are several sections in the manual on allied and axis strategies for warfare in Russia. See the GS Manual at:

http://www.gs-manual.org/gs-manual.org/GS_Versions.html

Specifically, the "Strategies" sections:

12.16 - Tallinn Gambit 409
12.17 - Barbarossa 414
12.18 - How to Defeat the Soviet Union 416
12.19 - Fortress Europa 418
12.20 - Barbarossa Alternative - Bleed The Brits 420
12.21 - Russian War Strategy - Survive the First 2 Years 429
12.22 - Breaking the Double Defensive Line 432
jimwinsor

Post by jimwinsor »

Quick question: can an air unit on an air base resource hex (ie, one of those special airfield-only hexes) be attacked by adjacent ground units?
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

jimwinsor wrote:Quick question: can an air unit on an air base resource hex (ie, one of those special airfield-only hexes) be attacked by adjacent ground units?
in some special circumstances
GogTheMild
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by GogTheMild »

richardsd wrote:
jimwinsor wrote:Quick question: can an air unit on an air base resource hex (ie, one of those special airfield-only hexes) be attacked by adjacent ground units?
in some special circumstances
:D I'm sure that Jim finds that really helpful.
We sleep peaceably in our beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Owi
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Owi »

Hi,

if i move a uk unit into a invaded land by axis and the land gets captured (hq) next turn, all invaded land units disband.
But what wouldt happend to the uk unit even it is in a city?

Is that a counter invasion or the units gets moved somewhere?

thx in advance
Samhain

Post by Samhain »

The invaders might be in the force pool and you can deploy them again right away.
In spite of the Final Fantasy character it's pronounced sao-win after the Irish pagan god of death. I'm not a pagan but we're on a wargames website so I thought it fitting.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”