Upcoming Commander Beta 1.04

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Upcoming Commander Beta 1.04

Post by firepowerjohan »

We have improved the beta patch even further and soon a new beta and editor will be available. Here is a list of changes, some of them will be visible right away (such as naming units and a sentry 's' function) while some of them are more discrete. The scenarios will also be updated using the new features and providing unique names for every single unit in the scenarios, so no more "Corps" or "Armour" names. To rename units inside game you just click their name and type in <enter> and this can be used when you deploy new units and want to name them.

The new beta will contain all the changes from 1.03 beta and is expected to be available in just a few days :)

Editor 1.04 Beta:
- You can now name units

Version 1.04 Beta:
- Fixed a bug with Yugoslavian emblems on inner zoom
- Fixed a bug with transportation loop units being alive despite surrender of their nation
- Sentry function added for units, hotkey 's'
- Units can now be named by clicking their names
- Technology : Carriers now progress more in naval combat and less on air combat
- New Nations (like Algeria) now get Garrions instead of Corps as units
- Map/Scenario : Oil field size was shifted abit from Iran over to Iraq. Iraq now joins Allies late in the war. Allies have abit more forces in Egypt. One UK carrier switched place with a Mediterranean Battleship.
- All scenarios now have named units
- Labs are now abit cheaper to build.
- Naval repair rates are now lower than other unit types
Last edited by firepowerjohan on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
syagrius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by syagrius »

Ok, so the next official patch will be named 1.04 and not 1.03?
Stryder
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stryder »

syagrius wrote:Ok, so the next official patch will be named 1.04 and not 1.03?

Does it matter what the revision number is?
mrdozer2379
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mrdozer2379 »

I just have to say wow. You guys are doing great at the updates, i mean the game is great but with these upgrades just makes it ALOT more enjoyable.
syagrius

Post by syagrius »

Guderian wrote:
syagrius wrote:Ok, so the next official patch will be named 1.04 and not 1.03?

Does it matter what the revision number is?
Its not the point. I wanted to know if we are going to have 1.03 official and then 1.04 beta or if the next official patch will be 1.04.
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

1.03 will not be official. I assume that you ask because of reasons with saved games.

Unless the 1.04 has weaknesses that we need to fix, the 1.04 will later on become the official patch but for now we use it as beta.
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
coldknight
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by coldknight »

Is this for everyone or just people in the usergroup?

by the way, im back everyone
davetheroad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by davetheroad »

whats sentry function?
firepowerjohan

Post by firepowerjohan »

Sentry function excludes a unit from "next unit" listing and is active until the unit is in a battle or you click it. This means the PAGE_UP/PAGE_DOWN keys to scroll through units is more powerful since only units near the front line will be in it.
YohanPBEM2
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by YohanPBEM2 »

Any hope for variable entry versus random entry so I can pick this game up again?
Stryder
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stryder »

Yohan wrote:Any hope for variable entry versus random entry so I can pick this game up again?
Yikes, that one issue is a show stopper for you... can you explain the difference?
Happycat
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Happycat »

Guderian wrote:
Yohan wrote:Any hope for variable entry versus random entry so I can pick this game up again?
Yikes, that one issue is a show stopper for you... can you explain the difference?
Guderian: my guess would be that Yohan wants entry of powers such as Italy to be based upon the variable factors that can occur within the game. For example, if Germany is doing well in France and the date is March 1940, why would the Italians wait until June, July or August before joining the war (as currently occurs). It would be more realistic, and reasonable, that Italian entry be triggered by some event such as certain hexes in France being occupied by Germany, or relative strength ratings, or some such.

Yohan: good luck convincing the developer to program that feature Image
Chance favours the prepared mind.
stalins_organ
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by stalins_organ »

Yup - Yohan wants diplomacy by some means, and he's off sulking until he gets it 8)
vveedd

Post by vveedd »

Very good changes guys. Still, you should give a moment to current partisans rule status which is inexcusable and in –must change- tasks. First, partisans should be in every type of play or they shouldn’t be in any type of play. Second, partisans should always have supply, at least, at minimum level. I know that this request more programming but if you want to be professional game developers you should be within common games standard boundaries with your game. My suggestion is that partisan units do not appear randomly and automatically. It will be better that player can buy them from purchase unit screen after country is attacked by enemy and put them where he/she want on occupied hexes inside national borders. Before attack partisan unit in purchase screen should be disabled. I think that this will be better solution because it will give more strategic and tactical options to players and, I hope, it will be easier for programming.
YohanPBEM2

Post by YohanPBEM2 »

stalins_organ wrote:Yup - Yohan wants diplomacy by some means, and he's off sulking until he gets it 8)
To quote Vpeuro, what a moron you are, asked a simple question and you have such a small organ you always feel the need to toss in a inane reply.
davetheroad

Post by davetheroad »

vveedd wrote:Very good changes guys. Still, you should give a moment to current partisans rule status which is inexcusable and in –must change- tasks. First, partisans should be in every type of play or they shouldn’t be in any type of play. Second, partisans should always have supply, at least, at minimum level. I know that this request more programming but if you want to be professional game developers you should be within common games standard boundaries with your game. My suggestion is that partisan units do not appear randomly and automatically. It will be better that player can buy them from purchase unit screen after country is attacked by enemy and put them where he/she want on occupied hexes inside national borders. Before attack partisan unit in purchase screen should be disabled. I think that this will be better solution because it will give more strategic and tactical options to players and, I hope, it will be easier for programming.
I agree that partisans should be in all modes of play so if it is impossible to have them in TCPIP there should be a option to disable them in other modes.

I would disagree about non random placement, they are irritating enough to game play and anyway are completely non-historical, dissapearing when the country surrenders!!!! I reckon even if russia surrendered in game turns you would still need to keep a sizable axis garrison there to handle the partisans.
Stryder
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Insults

Post by Stryder »

It's funny how quick people descend to insulting each other... would you act so rude in a face to face conversation? I hope not.. so why do it on a forum like this dedicated to a GAME? it is just a game that is supposed to be for diversion and enjoyment not a place to come and insult and belittle people.. :wink:

that said, I was hoping to have 1.04 to play over the weekend... but I'll have to be patient! :D
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I think partisans work well in this game except that they should not stop coming after the country surrendered. So the only change Slitherine needs to make is that there will ALWAYS be a chance partisans could be created. Whether the country surrendered or not should not influence this. E. g. Yugoslavian partisans worked mainly after Yugoslavia surrendered. The same with French partisans.

What you can do is to have the percentage change of partisans appearing be different for each country. E. g. partisans in Norway should maybe happen once every year so the percentage change could be 5%. In France they could appear once every 9 turns and in Yugoslavia once every 5-6 turns. In Russia they should appear once every other turn or so.

I think it would be even better if partisans could appear more often, but that they sometimes could appear at less strength than 10. Maybe a partisan in Norway would more likely appear with 1-3 steps than 8-10 steps while partisans in Russia and Yugoslavia would appear with 8-10 steps more often.
vypuero
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by vypuero »

I think there are some issues with how much re-programming of code is needed to make those changes, plus any bugs that might get created. I am asking for a new unit type for Partisans which would have like a minimum 1 supply always - think that would be good. I think partisans work for Russia, but for other countries not really.

Yohan - you have exhibited such behavior far more than I have, I will leave you to your own devices, as its clear you are not worth talking to. If you don't like this, find something else to do with your time.
ancient
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ancient »

Manpower pools should be rebalanced to address the enormous Allied manpower glut. Partisans should also consume manpower.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”