Commander Patch 1.04 Public Beta Available!

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Commander Patch 1.04 Public Beta Available!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

we're happy to announce the release of the 1.04 public beta. There are no further planned changes before this patch fully releases. Any further changes will have to be dealt with in later patches. Assuming everything is working as we expect we will release the full patch in a week or so. It depends how quickly we can get feedback from you guys really! Please note saved games are not compatible.

Get your patch from http://www.slitherine.com/news#item49

Matrix player need to get the patch from Matrix, who will be producing their own version. This beta patch is only available for English Slitherine versions.

WARNING TO ALL MODDERS:
Since 1.04 and 1.04 editor does not accept old scenarios anymore, if you have any old custom made scenarios then delete them from your data/scenario folder else game will try to read them and fail (crash on startup before main menu)

Changes in V 1.04 Beta
* Fixed a bug with Yugoslavian emblems on inner zoom
* Fixed a bug with transportation loop units being alive despite surrender of their nation
* Sentry function added for units, hotkey 's'. Sentry units are removed from teh queue when Pg Up and Pg Dw are used to cycle through units.
* Units can now be named by clicking their names.
* 1939 scenario units are all now named.
* Technology : Carriers now progress further in naval combat and less in air combat
* New Nations (like Algeria) now get Garrions instead of Corps as units
* Map/Scenario : Oil field size was shifted slightly from Iran over to Iraq.
* Iraq now joins Allies late in the war.
* German corps start in Finland.
* Allies now have slightly more troops in Egypt.
* One UK carrier switched place with a Mediterranean Battleship.
* Labs are now slightly cheaper to build
* Naval repair rates are now lower than other unit types

Changes in V1.04 Beta Editor
* You can now name units
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
vypuero
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by vypuero »

who wants to play a game with new version? ladder? tcp/ip? pbem?
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I noticed that v1.04 has added river hexsides for all the straits, small lakes etc. So now you will attack Copenhagen across a river from the west.

I also noticed v1.04 has fewer garrisons in France. Gone are the garrisons in Cherbourg and Lyons for example. Slitherine have also removed the ports in Tunis and Beirut. Probably to prevent the Allied player from transporting those garrisons back to France. So France is much weaker now and can fall as early as March.

But I wonder if it's smart to e. g. remove the port of Tunis. That port is important for the invasion of Sicily etc. What do you think? Should the ports still be in the game?
Happycat
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Happycat »

Stauffenberg wrote:I noticed that v1.04 has added river hexsides for all the straits, small lakes etc. So now you will attack Copenhagen across a river from the west.

I also noticed v1.04 has fewer garrisons in France. Gone are the garrisons in Cherbourg and Lyons for example. Slitherine have also removed the ports in Tunis and Beirut. Probably to prevent the Allied player from transporting those garrisons back to France. So France is much weaker now and can fall as early as March.

But I wonder if it's smart to e. g. remove the port of Tunis. That port is important for the invasion of Sicily etc. What do you think? Should the ports still be in the game?
Well, I'm biased, because I enjoy PBEM games much more than playing the AI---but, yes I think that the port at Tunis is particularly important to keep. The Allied player needs all of the ports he can possibly find in order to invade Sicily, and later Italy. As my PBEM experience playing Stauffenberg has shown, Italy is impossible to take unless the Allies land at multiple points around the peninsula. And to muster that kind of force on the first wave of the invasion, you need a lot of embarkation ports.
Chance favours the prepared mind.
Happycat

Re: Commander Patch 1.04 Public Beta Available!

Post by Happycat »

iainmcneil wrote: Changes in V 1.04 Beta
* Fixed a bug with Yugoslavian emblems on inner zoom
* Fixed a bug with transportation loop units being alive despite surrender of their nation
* Sentry function added for units, hotkey 's'. Sentry units are removed from teh queue when Pg Up and Pg Dw are used to cycle through units.
* Units can now be named by clicking their names.
* 1939 scenario units are all now named.
* Technology : Carriers now progress further in naval combat and less in air combat
* New Nations (like Algeria) now get Garrions instead of Corps as units
* Map/Scenario : Oil field size was shifted slightly from Iran over to Iraq.
* Iraq now joins Allies late in the war.
* German corps start in Finland.
* Allies now have slightly more troops in Egypt.
* One UK carrier switched place with a Mediterranean Battleship.
* Labs are now slightly cheaper to build
* Naval repair rates are now lower than other unit types

Changes in V1.04 Beta Editor
* You can now name units
Is there more complete documentation than the foregoing, regarding the changes in beta 1.04? It would be nice to know what has been added, changed, removed etc so as to avoid unpleasant surprises halfway through a game :D
Chance favours the prepared mind.
syagrius
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by syagrius »

How much time before 1.04 becomes official? I usually never use beta patch.
vypuero

Post by vypuero »

I suggest using it, it will probably become the official patch unless some serious issue shows up - and I have not heard of any and it seems perfectly fine to me.
firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

This is your chance to grab the patch in advance, since as Vypuero says this one is likely to go into final state. It all depends on if any serious issues show up then we need to make another adjustment but so far all seems good :)
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
syagrius

Post by syagrius »

Ok then, you guys convinced me, will get it installed tonight :wink:
syagrius

Post by syagrius »

Official 1.04 is out in Matrix website. Wow I just downloaded the beta yesterday and started a game, will my beta game will work with the official patch? If not, no problem and keep up the good work 8)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hmmm... I dont know where they got it from as we certainly didn't give it to them!

Sounds like a bit of confusion - I will try and sort it out.
syagrius

Post by syagrius »

Matrix just said it is still 1.04 beta. They admitted a little confusion. I was surprised because usually the patch arrive in Slitherine before Matrix.
Stryder
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stryder »

Wargamer has the "official" announcement too........

http://www.wargamer.com/news/news.asp?nid=4682

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”