GS v3.00 news

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

GS v3.00 news

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

Slitherine have made the GS v3.00 installer and we are currently testing it. Once we can confirm it's working Slitherine will make the preparation for release of GS v3.00. I don't have the date yet, but it won't be long.

So if you have any plans starting new games you might consider holding and wait for GS v3.00. :)
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: GS v3.00 news

Post by richardsd »

Stauffenberg wrote:Slitherine have made the GS v3.00 installer and we are currently testing it. Once we can confirm it's working Slitherine will make the preparation for release of GS v3.00. I don't have the date yet, but it won't be long.

So if you have any plans starting new games you might consider holding and wait for GS v3.00. :)
waiting waitng waiting :D
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

richardsd wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:Slitherine have made the GS v3.00 installer and we are currently testing it. Once we can confirm it's working Slitherine will make the preparation for release of GS v3.00. I don't have the date yet, but it won't be long.

waiting waitng waiting :D

long waitings !!! :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Excuse me sir ! shall we have any rough or conservative prediction of the release time ? one week ? one month ? one season ? before 2014 ? :)
DukeOfLight
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by DukeOfLight »

Could you please send me also the installer to check it.
I promise that i will never play the game...just i will check the installer...cross my heart
:)
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I can't give an accurate date because Slitherine are the ones setting it. I found a few minor issues in the installer so Slitherine got replacement files to add to their installer. The main issue was that txt files became unformatted because they had been received by a MAC when sent from me. So in the next try we will ensure the files go directly from PC to PC when building the installer. The files worked, but it would be nice to see the line feeds adde to the files instead of a super long string of continuous text.

The good news is that the installer worked very well without any game play issues so the testers were able to start playing immediately. That is different from when we worked with the GS v2.1 installer when we had compatibility issues etc.

I expect to have a new installer on Monday or Tuesday. Then we test that. If we give the go-ahead for release soon after that then Slitherine will make preparations for adding the installer to their WEB site together with some promo material.

From prior experience it should take 1-2 weeks, depending on how much other work they have. So with luck we can have GS v3.00 released 1-2 weeks from now, but don't arrest me if it takes longer. :P
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:I can't give an accurate date because Slitherine are the ones setting it. I found a few minor issues in the installer so Slitherine got replacement files to add to their installer. The main issue was that txt files became unformatted because they had been received by a MAC when sent from me. So in the next try we will ensure the files go directly from PC to PC when building the installer. The files worked, but it would be nice to see the line feeds adde to the files instead of a super long string of continuous text.

The good news is that the installer worked very well without any game play issues so the testers were able to start playing immediately. That is different from when we worked with the GS v2.1 installer when we had compatibility issues etc.

I expect to have a new installer on Monday or Tuesday. Then we test that. If we give the go-ahead for release soon after that then Slitherine will make preparations for adding the installer to their WEB site together with some promo material.

From prior experience it should take 1-2 weeks, depending on how much other work they have. So with luck we can have GS v3.00 released 1-2 weeks from now, but don't arrest me if it takes longer. :P

Great news !!!!

OK . we just consider it as one or two months ! It means we may get it before Oct ! Thanks for your great effort ! We will always be right here waiting for 3.0 !
JimR
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by JimR »

If we have wargaming friends who haven't bought CEAW before, we should urge them to get it after 3.0 comes out. It would be a way to thank Slitherine for continuing to support the work of (volunteer) mod developers, and to expand the pool of CEAW pbem players.
richardsd

Post by richardsd »

JimR wrote:If we have wargaming friends who haven't bought CEAW before, we should urge them to get it after 3.0 comes out. It would be a way to thank Slitherine for continuing to support the work of (volunteer) mod developers, and to expand the pool of CEAW pbem players.
well I have already bought at least three copies so I think they have my thanks! :D and a fourth is looking likely for another machine (sometimes its just easier when you don't have a drive on a machine)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

We will buy many to thanks them ! :D
wargamer4321
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by wargamer4321 »

I've been waiting and waiting. Let's go I'm ready. :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :lol: :oops:
Hott
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Hott »

Any news about 3.0?
Magpius
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Magpius »

+1
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

We just got the updated release version from Matrixgames / Slitherine. I will test it tomorrow and if I don't find a problem we will release it to the testers. So let's keep the fingers crossed that the issues we reported are fixed now. :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:We just got the updated release version from Matrixgames / Slitherine. I will test it tomorrow and if I don't find a problem we will release it to the testers. So let's keep the fingers crossed that the issues we reported are fixed now. :)
We will pray for you for find no problem tomorrow :D

10 , 9, 8,7,6,..........
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Morris wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:We just got the updated release version from Matrixgames / Slitherine. I will test it tomorrow and if I don't find a problem we will release it to the testers. So let's keep the fingers crossed that the issues we reported are fixed now. :)
We will pray for you for find no problem tomorrow :D

10 , 9, 8,7,6,..........
any problem found ? we do hope not !
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

We found a few issues that needed update to 3 class files. Slitherine will make the new installer today with these files.

So far we have an update version and a full version both requiring a serial number. These installers seem to work well.

The main problem are those who are using the old Slitherine version without a serial number. One reason is that the file structure is slightly different so the game might not load if one uses the upgrade installer. The installer is looking for a serial number that doesn't exist. For these users we might have to have a manual install. I'm not sure.

Are there any experienced users out there who are still using the old Slitherine version. We might need some "guinea pigs" to help testing with such versions since most of us have an installer with a serial number.
guronsan

Post by guronsan »

Hello,
I have an old Slitherine version of CEAW without serial number. If you need someone for testing, i'm ok.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Stauffenberg wrote:We found a few issues that needed update to 3 class files. Slitherine will make the new installer today with these files.

So far we have an update version and a full version both requiring a serial number. These installers seem to work well.

The main problem are those who are using the old Slitherine version without a serial number. One reason is that the file structure is slightly different so the game might not load if one uses the upgrade installer. The installer is looking for a serial number that doesn't exist. For these users we might have to have a manual install. I'm not sure.

Are there any experienced users out there who are still using the old Slitherine version. We might need some "guinea pigs" to help testing with such versions since most of us have an installer with a serial number.
which edition is the old Slitherine version you mentioned ? 1.06 , 1.07 , 1.12 or some edition else ? Please advise ! we will provide everything we have to help the 3.0 coming out !
guronsan

Post by guronsan »

I have 1.04 version upgraded with 1.06 and 1.12 and GS 2.0.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”