fight after 1945

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

fight after 1945

Post by Morris »

Hi , Is there any choice in 3.0 that to play after 1945 with AI ? Since there are many new players who just want to experience more joy from their victory as a beginner against AI , please provide an option ? :)
biolt
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: fight after 1945

Post by biolt »

I agree with Morris !!!
I need this option ,too!!!
I'm a new player,when the game ended suddenly at 1945,I was so shocked and upset. It's not a good enough end to me.In my opinion,when all the country surrender ,that's end.
Please provide this option!
Tulipan
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Tulipan »

I agree. I had under construction a few battleships and aircraft carriers to face the Allies after defeating the USSR and then I find that the game ended. How sad.
avoran
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by avoran »

There's a technical reason why it was removed, something about the data array, if I remember correctly. Stauffenberg or someone else who knows might explain or cite the thread where this was mentioned before.

When I first saw the change I wasn't very happy either. Actually, I'm still not happy. ;) But if it's built into the way the program works now it can't be fixed very easily.
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

True. The game has quite a few variables using the game year in arrays to store values. All these variables have to be defined and data set. Right now the range is from 1939-1945.

These variables are all over the game code in different class files. Extending the range of years means you need to extend all these variables and find values for the extended years.

Another issue is that tech levels stop at 6 and if you play beyond 1945 you need to expand the tech levels too. That means new graphics needed and so on. In a sense you are making a new game. The victory conditions will have to be altered too.

The final and most important reason is that we are NOT ALLOWED to extend the game's time frame by Slitherine. We were allowed to modify CEAW as long as we kept the map size and time frame of the current CEAW game. This is a WW2 game and not a game extending towards the Korean War.
Tulipan

Post by Tulipan »

Well, it's OK, but remember Sid Meier's Civilization series where after the game was finished and given the score, the game gave you the opportunity to continue even if it had exhausted the tech tree.
avoran

Post by avoran »

Wasn't the "end in 1945" option part of the vanilla game? if so, permissions have nothing to do with it, right?

Yes, things get very unrealistic quickly if you run out of tech, but - it's just a game ;)
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

We were told by Firepowerjohan to keep the mod within 1939-1945 and with the same map area (150x72 in Europe). That is what we have done.
avoran

Post by avoran »

So technically it could still go on until December. ;) Sometimes that would be just enough to finish.
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
shawkhan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by shawkhan »

Good point there. I wouldn't mind the game lasting until after VJ day myself. But then of course, we should give the Allies the atomic bomb, hoho!
biolt

Post by biolt »

If the deadline can not be changed,is there any possible way to change a round into 10 days ?There will be twice rounds,so glad.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Yes, you can change the turn number in general.txt, but that will mess up a lot of events. Many of these are linked to turn numbers so they will happen much earlier if you alter the turn number to 10.

The variable is:
DAYS_PER_TURN 20
biolt

Post by biolt »

Stauffenberg wrote:Yes, you can change the turn number in general.txt, but that will mess up a lot of events. Many of these are linked to turn numbers so they will happen much earlier if you alter the turn number to 10.

The variable is:
DAYS_PER_TURN 20
That's the idea!Thank you very much.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”