Fantastic game!

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

astarr
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Fantastic game!

Post by astarr » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:41 pm

My 2 cents... kudos on a great game! I think that CEaW has successfully modeled the European war, and all it's specifics to make a game that is historically interesting and fun... a rare treat. I loved the Panzer General series, but always thought that a full map campaign would be fun. Great graphics, and very well done sea war model. Here's a list of 'wishes':

1. Love to be able to make WaffenSS units. I like the idea of raising WaffenSS units from conqured countries.... as what really happend historically.
2. V2's... always great for a party in London.
3. 1936-?. I'd like to see an 'early' option for WW2, or at least some pre-war battles to gain some experience before the real War.
4. Some option to develop a resource within your homeland to boost production
5. For the axis... a way to transport aircraft overseas.
6. Some kind of airlift capabilities... note that the Me-323 could transport a tank.. and the Germans did this in Tunisia.
7. For added fun, the ability to declare war on anybody... even your axis partner, Italy.
8. Ability to 'take over' enemy surrendered assets.. like French battleships.

Well, that's everything I can think of. I'd like to see a global war... maybe a little too daunting...

Cheers!
Astarr

Ryben
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Fantastic game!

Post by Ryben » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:29 pm

astarr wrote:2. V2's... always great for a party in London.
Interesting idea...they could be created like an air unit, but only capable to attack production centers (please, no tactical attacks against land units). An V1 with short range that could be intercepted, the V2 which extended range and no interception and the V3 (looooong range).
astarr wrote:3. 1936-?. I'd like to see an 'early' option for WW2, or at least some pre-war battles to gain some experience before the real War.
Like....what? Austrian or Sudetenland takeover? Apart from Spanish Civil War there are not many major conflicts in Europe at 1936.
astarr wrote: 7. For added fun, the ability to declare war on anybody... even your axis partner, Italy.
I think a better idea could be make peace or offer alliances. Now is total war, all or nothing till the end. What if the EEUU leave the Allies? What if Spain joins Axis? One of the major defects of the game is that it´s too streamlined. I would love to see more diplomatic options.
astarr wrote:8. Ability to 'take over' enemy surrendered assets.. like French battleships.
This one is actually quite good idea.

What if you get some PP if you destroy an enemy unit (specially tanks)? That could depict enemy weaponry captured and incorporated into your army.

borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Fantastic game!

Post by borsook79 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:24 am

astarr wrote: 1. Love to be able to make WaffenSS units. I like the idea of raising WaffenSS units from conqured countries.... as what really happend historically.
Not on the scale represented in the game (i.e. corps level) unless it would be a unit not units, but would one unit worth all the trouble with implementing it?
astarr wrote: 2. V2's... always great for a party in London.
and V1 :) not really much of an effect but true, it would be nice for flavour.
astarr wrote: 5. For the axis... a way to transport aircraft overseas.
Unless I am much mistaken you can do that already?
astarr wrote: 6. Some kind of airlift capabilities... note that the Me-323 could transport a tank.. and the Germans did this in Tunisia.
I once had a very detailed discussion about this in HOI2 forums, and it appeared really hard to find a precedence (best being SCW) for airlifting a division not to mention a corps. With a 20 days turn... It was impossible in WW2 to airlift a corps in that time, even using all the transport planes there were.
astarr wrote: 8. Ability to 'take over' enemy surrendered assets.. like French battleships.
Good idea, but would require rather advanced scripting deciding who gets them... note that the Axis did not have much use of the French fleet, rather the British....
astarr wrote: Well, that's everything I can think of.
for me, if I may add, a proper weather model would make the game almost perfect...

Maj_Battaglia
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Maj_Battaglia » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:07 am

1. Love to be able to make WaffenSS units. I like the idea of raising WaffenSS units from conqured countries.... as what really happend historically.
Borsook's right about the scale of units in the game not really making this worthwhile. There were indeed several divisions raised from foreign volunteers. However, about half of these divisions were not much more than reinforced regiments, if that. It might be interesting to throw into the mix a rise in Germany's manpower as certain countries are conquered, however, to reflect the recruitment of Volksdeutsch or others into the ranks of the German Army and the SS.

Of course, you can name any unit you want with an SS designation.

Panzer987
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Panzer987 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:08 pm

I really like the idea of altering history by starting the game earlier than 1939 to create different options in developing a military prior to invasion of Poland or any other country the Axis chooses. Or perhaps a pre-emptive strike on Germany from the allies?

I like the option to modify history to meet my own desires.

However, my biggest want for a new version is the ability to expand the map with more hexes. I'd love to see additional cities, more and more dispersed forces, and I prefer to see forces bundled in an area instead of creating a wall of forces along a border such as present in the game now. Seriously, a 1000-mi. wall of forces? Not too realisitc...

Panzer987
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Panzer987 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 pm

I really like the idea of altering history by starting the game earlier than 1939 to create different options in developing a military prior to invasion of Poland or any other country the Axis chooses. Or perhaps a pre-emptive strike on Germany from the allies?

I like the option to modify history to meet my own desires.

However, my biggest want for a new version is the ability to expand the map with more hexes. I'd love to see additional cities, more and more dispersed forces, and I prefer to see forces bundled in an area instead of creating a wall of forces along a border such as present in the game now. Seriously, a 1000-mi. wall of forces? Not too realisitc...

vypuero
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by vypuero » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:24 pm

1 - Production increases are represented by the industry tech, which may also be higher in the new patch.
2 - Manpower additions were added already to Germany reflecting the numbers of axis allied volunteers.
3 - Air can pretty easily be moved into the Med directly by flying, though it may take a couple turns from the boot of Italy to Sicily to NAF

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”