U.S. Industrial Production Too Low?

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

chrisfso
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

U.S. Industrial Production Too Low?

Post by chrisfso » Mon May 30, 2016 1:37 pm

After playing about ten Allied games in a row against experienced Axis opponents, I am reaching the conclusion that U.S. industrial production is too low, even including the southern convoys. Simply put, when I start the campaign game, it has been impossible for me to recreate by July 1943 the 1943 scenario start U.S. order of battle, including labs. The 1943 U.S. OOB + lab status is a fair representation of what U.S. production should be capable of. Perhaps if I adopted an isolationist strategy and avoided battle casualties, or perhaps if I played that elusive "perfect" game, it would achieve it. But I think a game designed for either historical replay or play balance should allow the 1943 U.S. order of battle to be recreated at least 50% of the time, including a margin for battle casualties to be able to forward deploy those units. Historically, at the First Washington Conference (the Arcadia Conference) the Allies decided on a Europe first focus, rather than Pacific, therefore it should not be so hard to turn on the great U.S. industrial engine in this game.

This would be for a future version. If I am missing something or making a basic error, please let me know.
Thanks,
chrisfso

Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: U.S. Industrial Production Too Low?

Post by Plaid » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:46 am

In later scenarios all nations have huge armies compared to what you can build when playing legit from 1939, not only USA.

mineral
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by mineral » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:31 pm

I always wondered about that, why the Armies (and navy, airforce) is so HUGE compared to a real game for the later scenarios. I assumed it was because they were created in the games early days and haven't been updated since the game started to get Modded.

FirstCanadian

Post by FirstCanadian » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:45 am

I have certainly noticed that in the 1943 and 1944 scenarios there tends to be a huge wave of air strikes from the endless TAC units in the first couple of turns. This then settles down as nobody can afford to rebuild all those TAC's back to full strength for the rest of the game. It certainly begs the question of how they could all have been built!

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”