PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Mac FAQ's for v4.00 High Sierra workarounds

Post by pk867 »

Hi All,

This FAQ is for users that have upgraded or purchased a new Mac that has High Sierra 10.13 . This may also help PC users using the Automatic password feature.

If you have High Sierra you must use the automatic password feature since the game uses an older java and it was very difficult trying to solve all

of the old java not working trying to use manual input for filenames saving AI and HotSeat games, and especially passwords for PBEM games.

Games started with older OS systems prior to High Sierra may use manual passwords. Those games started in that manner (manual passwords) can not be played on systems that use High Sierra.

If games are started on older OS systems and High Sierra using automatic passwords can be played on other systems.

The player needs to create a new user on the other system using the username of the system that started the game using automatic passwords.

The new user created should be able to admin capabilities.

Example:
I started two new games using Sierra 10.12 selecting automatic passwords. I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.2 and I could continue playing those games.

I then setup up a new user on an older iMac (2007) with 10.11 (El Capitan) The new user has the same username as the user on my laptop.

I started the application in that user and selected automatic passwords. I was able to open and play the two game files created on the first system.

This allows you to play the same game file on different machines.

So when you finish playing your current game using manual passwords, change the game to use automatic passwords by deleting the GS400_settings.txt in Documents.

Make this change when the application is closed. When you start up the game answer the questions selecting automatic passwords.

How to save game files (AI and HotSeat) -

Start the game, make your moves, then advance the game to the other side. After the Event screens, Weather, and other notifications are finished, go to options and end the game.

Go to Documents and in the save or HotSeat folders, make a duplicate of the autosave file. Rename the duplicate to a name of importance. When you startup the game

again you can LOAD GAME for AI or LOAD Multiplayer for HotSeat by selecting the name and clicking the checkmark.

I hope this helps.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”