PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Assaulted_Peanut
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

AI Improvements possible?

Post by Assaulted_Peanut »

Hi,

I'm just a very casual player, but I saw that there is a new version available. I really admire your improvements and the energy you are putting into this game.
I also like the very creative features, you implemented into the game :)

Having said that, I wondering if you guys could put some effort into improving the AI, so that a player like me could also enjoy some of the options you implemented?

Greetings,
Peanut
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: AI Improvements possible?

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

We have pretty much finished work on GS v4.0. Our goal was to make a better PBEM and hotseat game. Improving the AI was never in our scope.

I believe quite a few players would like a strategic WW2 game with good AI since many players prefer playing alone. Unfortunately that won't happen with GS v4.0, but we can always hope the success of CEAW / GS will inspire game developers to make strategic wargames using game engines of today having a decent AI. I don't know if any company are doing that right now, but we can always hope.

Strategic Command: WW2 in Europe is a game I will definitely look forward to playing now that development of GS v4.0 is completed.
Assaulted_Peanut

Post by Assaulted_Peanut »

Peter Stauffenberg wrote: I believe quite a few players would like a strategic WW2 game with good AI since many players prefer playing alone.
Thank you for your quick reply first.

I can't speak for the community, but I really would appreciate such a game. Personally, my roots are PG/PzC and now OoB. I really like them, but they have a "narrow" focus.
So deciding where to attack, where to send reinforcements to and so on, was really a new point of view.

My dream would be a combination of both genres, moving on a strategic map and "playing" on a scenario-sized map (with the units you sent there of cource) ...

The reason, why I found CEaW was an AAR I stumbled over, where the allied player was invading Spain instead of the Normandy and I was totally fascinated.
So I thought I would be cool, if the AI would also be capable of doing such moves.
Vokt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Vokt »

I also believe that Strategic Command WWII War in Europe (SC WWII) can be deemed as a good WW2-based strategic game alternative to CEAW GS. Unlike CEAW AI, SC WWII AI appears to be decent. Furthermore, it's a relatively recent game so it could be further improved.

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”