ipad lockinging up

Forum for technical support for the digital reader version of Field of Glory.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

stephen48
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

ipad lockinging up

Post by stephen48 »

:cry:
I have just down load FOG and it has locked up and slowed up my ipad I do not want to remove after spending £11.00
I have i pad mini 16gb
ios 7.03
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: ipad lockinging up

Post by zoltan »

Sounds like you and I are having the same problem with IOS 7 on iPad mini.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

the mini didn't exist when we released FoG so we haven't tested on it but it should work. Is the issue only since iOS7? If so it will be something to do with the new OS using up more memory - thanks apple :)

We'll check the new version and see if that is compatible and if not try and work out why.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan »

IainMcNeil wrote:Hi guys

the mini didn't exist when we released FoG so we haven't tested on it but it should work. Is the issue only since iOS7? If so it will be something to do with the new OS using up more memory - thanks apple :)

We'll check the new version and see if that is compatible and if not try and work out why.

Yes just since iOS7. Was fine before that and superior to MAC version in terms of usability. Now both MAC and Mini versions are marginal.
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan »

IainMcNeil wrote:Hi guys

Any progress please?
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan »

Hello, anyone home?

Surely you made plans for the inevitable IOS upgrades when you set your digital strategy?
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

zoltan wrote:Hello, anyone home?

Surely you made plans for the inevitable IOS upgrades when you set your digital strategy?
I suspect you need to ask Abannan that. I suspect that Slitherine is completely at the mercy of Abannan as far as what OS and versions are supported.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
zoltan
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by zoltan »

But surely I'm entitled to the courtesy of a timely response on a Slitherine tech support forum, especially as my expectations were raised by an earlier official post from Iain? It's on Slitherine, not its customers, to manage its sub contractors. :?
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

zoltan wrote:But surely I'm entitled to the courtesy of a timely response on a Slitherine tech support forum, especially as my expectations were raised by an earlier official post from Iain? It's on Slitherine, not its customers, to manage its sub contractors. :?
I suspect Abannan is a subcontractor for Slitherine as much as Apple is for Abannan. Slitherine would almost certainly have more luck finding a better platform or format, e.g. PDF, for their digital version than trying to get Abannan to change something for them.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
spacecece
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by spacecece »

:? :? :?

removed and banned

Return to “Tech Support”