Great Battles Medieval patched to v1.01

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great Battles Medieval patched to v1.01

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

we have some great news. We've listened to your feedback and made some great changes to Great Battles Medieval. We've even created an entire new campaign for you to play! You'll be amazed!

The patch has been fully tested and is now ready for full release. Download from http://www.slitherine.com/files/gbotma/ ... _v1.01.exe

Change list
• New play mode – Blood mode. In blood mode you take casualties in battles and get no free healing, so must recruit replacements. This was the most requested feature change so we did it! This makes the game much harder! You can play any campaign with this turned on or off. After each battle you must pay to recruit replacements so be very careful as you could easily end up with a situation where your army cannot win. This is not for the feint hearted.
• Complete new campaign – “The honourable Knight”! Load up the patch and you'll see a new icon on the campaign wheel. This campaign has been designed to be played in Blood mode so beware!
• Completely new ambient sound scape. All maps have new ambient sound effects and triggers. Much much better!
• More army customization options. You can have a choice of 3 different basic colours for your men. English troops can be red, yellow or black. French can be dark blue, light blue or green. 2 new shields patterns per side have also been added. This really adds a huge amount to the army design. Very cool.
• When in blood mode you'll see new UI button to heal individual squads that are damaged and the entire army.
• There is a fix for the NVidia drivers issue so you should be able to go back to the latest drivers and it will work. We could not get NVidia to fix their driver bug so we worked around it!
• The in battle morale bar now shows the points at which a squad will become shaken and rout. Useful for planning when to use battle cards.
• The mouse zoom rate has been improved. You can also tweak the rate from insude the user settings file.
• The Scenario editor allows you to customize enemy army uniforms more easily.
• The Scenario editor allows you to set up the banner and tile colours for enemy sides. E.g. in the new campaign the English have been coloured Black.
• Tutorial 1 – fixed a big where the players general could get killed by peasants.
• Tutorial 2 – fixed a bug where rallied enemy troops broke the flow of the tutorial.
• Hostages scenario bug. Stop routed enemies rallying and killing the hostages.
• Tourney scenario bug – this now ends when the general has lost all its men.
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsvitak
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by dsvitak »

I installed the game earlier this evening.

It says it is version 1.02.

Is this the most current version available? I would assume so, but I still needed to make sure.

Terrific game!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

If your version has the Blood mode options then it is indeed the latest version.

Cheers

Pip
mykil
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Great Battles Medieval patched to v1.01

Post by mykil »

I have purchased the game for PS3 and am amazed how far you have come since "The History Channel-Great Battles of Rome". Fantastic job! You mention here the "New play mode – Blood mode". This mode isn't included on the PS3 disk. How can I get this loaded onto the PS3 disk? (This is a brilliant option and the only thing I was disappointed with as there is no reward/incentive to not losing your men when completing a task). Appreciate your suggestions.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Great Battles Medieval patched to v1.01

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks - glad you are enjoying it!

The plan was to do a DLC for both PS3 and 360 with this added feature but the cost to do a submission is prohibitive. We had to use our only free update with Microsoft to fix an issue in multiplayer and another update costs something like 10-20k Euros, so unfortunately we had to cancel the whole idea :( Sorry about that but it is avaialble as a free update on PC if you have that version.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”