Narbonne: A Long Road. What are you supposed to do?

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

gwinn
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Narbonne: A Long Road. What are you supposed to do?

Post by gwinn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 am

I've just played the Narbonne scenario from The Tale of the Honourable Knight (the one called A Long Road). I won both times I played it - meaning I routed all the enemy forces, with a 78 for 14 casualty ratio. However, on the summary screen at the end I can see four boxes describing various rewards. One is for Man at Arms armour, another for mace and large shield, but the other two just have question marks in them, which is what I normally see after I lose or at least fail to achieve some objective. I just can't see what the incomplete objective is in this case. There are no victory points that I can see and the introduction doesn't suggest anything. There aren't even any interesting features on the map, like a village or something, that I could try to visit. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.
Illiud Latine dici non potest.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 am

Are you sure you didnt miss any clues on the map like a wagon or units esacaping or anythign in the briefing? It could also be a bug - its been a couple of years since I played it so I dont remember!

gwinn

Post by gwinn » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 am

Fair point. No units escaped - they were all routed when they left the map. There is no wagon, nor anything else of any obvious interest and the briefing didn't suggest anything to me either.

I'm not bothered if it turns out to be a bug (it's pretty minor after all). I'm concerned that I may be failing to acquire something that I will need later.

I tried looking in the c:/Program Files/Slitherine/HISTORY Great Battles Medieval/Data/Campaigns/NoHealing/Scenario folder because, for the English campaign, the equivalent folder contains .bsf files that have more-or-less readable code. Oddly, for the Tale of the Honourable Knight, there don't seem to be any .bsf files at all - which scuppered that plan.

Thanks for the quick response.
Illiud Latine dici non potest.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:37 am

I think it is most likely a bug - I am pretty sure you don't need anything to progress - at best it might unlock a weapon or armour piece or give a battle card or money.

I've not heard it mentioned before though.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”