HELP!!!!!!! STUCK ON MISSION 13 OF ENGLISH CAMPAIGN AND.....

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Tina
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

HELP!!!!!!! STUCK ON MISSION 13 OF ENGLISH CAMPAIGN AND.....

Post by Tina »

and i cant complete the other 2 submissions
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you give the community some ideas of what problem you're having they might be able to help :)
Tina

Post by Tina »

ok, Province:Poiltiers -Poiltou
Fight : Battle of Lussac Jan 1370

The scene is like a murcky mud locations, with water lake patches and 1 bridge , there are 2 other paths to go across the other side.
there are 4 infinatry on the left (the way i go first), 1 infinatry and a cavalry north on other side (victory point), and on the right side of the field there is mostly archers and horses . The battle users all of my squad , i cant recuit anymore troops because i got the max number.

I start from the left side , and more all of my calary and infinatry at the same time to keep them together. I get o the victory point and a message shows up sayin 'French calavary aborted' . All of the french calavary leave the battlefield. Im left with about 7 strong infinatry . But they kill me that easy its unbelievable.

My troops are all level 7, 8 or 9's ....... The french troops are 6, 7 and 8's
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Check teh weapon match ups - if they are aeapr armed use infantry against them. If they are sword armed use cavalry. If they have no shields try to shoot them.

Make sure you're making the best of your strengths and avoiding your weaknesses.
spasell

Post by spasell »

I too am stuck at this level.

I approach from the left as there are fewer troops to encounter but find myself bottled up at that opening.

When i finally break through all the other enemy troops attack in a swarm.

Perhaps I have too many archers and not enough Calvary and others.

I am playing Android version for Xoom.

Great game just super frustrating since I've been stuck at this level for over a week.

I only play sporatically as I am very busy with work but relieves stress.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

If you are stuck, then you could try some of the repeatable missions to build up your money and get some better equipment?

Cheers

Pip
muffinmandies
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by muffinmandies »

The available side missions aren't that useful and when you get to the repeatable one, it's harder than the main battle. Also, many of the dismounted French knights in 1370 Lussac are Level 10 with large shields and practically indestructible. What are you supposed to do???
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Dismounted knights are tough but can be defeated. Depending on their weaponry you may be best using your own mounted knights to defeat them. If you can attack them from the flanks and rear and repeatedly charge them it hurts their morale and they may rout. Cavalry can be used to charge in, break off and charge again. Each time they contact they have a chance to trample the enemy and each time they charge the flank or rear it causes morale damage. Make good use of your battle cards too.
muffinmandies

Post by muffinmandies »

Aha! The charge-retreat-charge-etc tactic appears to work. You have to use archers though to stop their arbalesters wiping out the cavalry. Thanks anyway.
muffinmandies

Post by muffinmandies »

Right, after many hours of sweat and toil I have finally cracked this one. :idea: I used these stages:

1) Mass all archers on the left and begin by wiping out the arbalesters and then axemen on the other side of the ford.
2) Send all infantry and cavalry across to deal with the spearmen.
3) Position archers in a line against the water which is on the right hand side of the land that you have just crossed onto (from here they can eliminate arbalesters with almost no casualties).
4) Use lance equipped knights to capture the wagons - this causes all French cavalry to rout.
5) To cover your rear use halberd/bill equipped men-at-arms to occupy French dismounted knights whilst using lance/poleaxe equipped knights to repeatedly charge them till they break (the ford you have just crossed is only two tiles wide so you shouldn't be overrun).
6) Continue the fix-flank-destroy tactic until all French are routed/killed.

I found that the island-type piece of land to the left is the perfect place for an English army because the archers can be protected easily and there aren't many tiles on which the French can engage you in hand-to-hand.

I hope this strategy works for other people stuck on this evil battle. :D
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Well done!

The difficulty level is hard to balance as so much depends on yoru army design. Some armies are great at one thing and bad at another. We provide the farming missions to try and ensuire you always have something you can do to level up.
starcraft2
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by starcraft2 »

you must have lots of archers and kill their infantry, use only 4 groups of infantry to stop their attack and with archers kill them
Hoplite39
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: HELP!!!!!!! STUCK ON MISSION 13 OF ENGLISH CAMPAIGN AND.

Post by Hoplite39 »

I managed to get past it at the second attempt on Normal difficulty.

I attacked the four units on the left flank with cavalry and routed them as soon as possible. Then I moved all my units over the crossing to the left as soon as possible so that the French could only attack on a narrof front while my archers attacked them.

My plan was to destroy the French baggage train as soon as i could to make the French cavalry flee. But some French units came round from the top right and I had to engage them. But eventally I destroyed the French baggage and the French cavalry left.

After that it was a slog. Most French units came over the narrow crossing, restricting the number of units who could attack. The weaker units were routed by my archers before they got close. The better armoured units were harded to defeat and I lost some infantry especially to their dismounted knights. But eventually I wore them down with greater numbers. In the end I had most of my archers, a unit or so of infantry and a unit of mounted knights left.

The key is to destroy the baggage train to make the French knights flee. Then it is just a matter of dealing with the infantry. As someone said above, the dismounted knights are the most difficult to deal with.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”