Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Hansstory
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by Hansstory »

Shilod, I don't need to hear from people like you on this site. Take your denigrating opinions somewhere else. I think your statement applies more to you than any of us.
Medicus wrote:
Shilod wrote:
Medicus wrote:
Another thing, I have checked the scenario balance in the editor and I wonder, has any german player ever won this scenario in this championship? When you check all the prestige both players have then you see a ca. 350 advantage for the german player. But for that he starts with a fighter which already cost a lot more and like in the replay above is almost useless when the russian player doesnt play any airplane. Also for 350 prestige the german player has 1 core slot less and must conquer all VP but 1 of the map that is huge in only 20 turns. On top of that there are many good defense positions like rivers and bocage. And there are no transports for either side so that the german player cannot even use airborne troopers. In my opinion this is not a fair balanced map for any german player. But if you think otherwise I would love to see any german win replay on this map.

s
Hmm... Kamerad Medicus, Germans can win in this scenario. 3 games, during 2nd round, were ended with their victory. After the ending of second round i have created 2 games and in both parties i played as Nazis. First battle i have won, taking all but 1 VP's. Second battle still goes on, it's going hard. But I'm also have chance to win. High procent of allied victories, imho, is a result of wrong tactics of many players that played German side. Most nazi-players bogged down in close-quarter fights in the Opochka city - in the center of the map. Others try to cross the river in the north - and also was stopped. "German" player in this map, imho, should concentrate main forces on the southern flank - in open territory it would be very hard for the Russians to stop invaders. Also, Germans have much more resources at the beginning of the game. They have Pz III H tanks and superior aviation -so can easily defend even russian KV tanks. Despite Barbarossa scenario - "summer offencive" map isnt so large. And wheeled unit can cross it from east to west for 5-6 turns (without resistance, of course :wink: ). So on, German side have good chances for a victory. I think that those whining about "unbalanced" map should be stopped. This is Panzer Corps, not Starcraft or Company of heroes. If you wanna totally balanced map and scenario - play chess then. Thanks for your attention :roll:

P/S. Mr. Goose Secundus stop excuse yourself! You made a great job. This scenario (summer 1941) is well balanced, but was unpopular, rarely played (Russian front ? Where is it? :shock: ). So, many "german" players choose wrong strategy and tactics. Do not listen losers and whiners. So, stop grieving, and ... as one famous politic can say: MAKE PANZER CORPS GREAT AGAIN! :)
Griefing? Whining? Losers? Are u ok? :-) I dont even play in this championship and couldnt care less if it is fair. But as an outsider I can give a neutral perspective on it. And I follow your argumentation but I do not agree with it. Unit types are fair in those 2 parties, to say the germans have better units just isnt right. And your suggested strategy seems very weak to me. Why would any russian player not defend simply the last 2 VP points behind the river? It is so overpowered easy to hold espacially when the attack only has 300-400 prestige more. And no need to attack me more, I do not care too much about this map. You guys like it, I like it :-)

Thanks
Chris
Dck
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Dck »

Shilod wrote:Reporting in: a game between DCK and Shilod was ended. In both parties commander DCK has won. Battles were hard. Very hard. In both paties i'm quickly take the central VP, but lost my fleet to opponenet. That was decisive factor in battle for coastal VP's. Also i have made some rough mistakes at the end of the game, and DCK used his chance. Congratulations to winner, and best of luck to all remaining perticipants :) I'm leaving the tournament with heavy heart (but thousands of my neurons will still alive, without those nailbiting battles :D ) But at all, that was a good expirience. May be Slitherine makes another tournaments in other games - such as Battle academy of Field of Glory and i'll be more lucky there :wink: So... thanks for your attention. Good bye, guys! See you in next year tournament :twisted:
Thank you for 2 good games, I think we were very equal, but I invested more in attacking your navy what was cruical at the end. Actually I played poor enough in the center and I had luck there were not more moves available. I would like to challenge you for a replay out of the tournament, it might be a very interesting game again, also result could be defferent... Do you accept?
last move of the Allies
last move of the Allies
Round3_Dck_Allies.jpg (228.92 KiB) Viewed 306176 times
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

2 Replays for anyone interested

Replay of 1st round match
TonyAfan Axis vs Robterdam Allies
Scenario Bocage Breakout.
(09.06.2017) Bocage Breakout, Turn 10.zip
(60 KiB) Downloaded 212 times

Replay of 2nd round match
TonyAfan Axis vs Stefano63 Allies
Scenario Summer Offensive
(29.06.2017) Summer Offensive, Turn 18.zip
(59.72 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Have Fun and Party On
Shilod
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Shilod »

Dck wrote:
Thank you for 2 good games, I think we were very equal, but I invested more in attacking your navy what was cruical at the end. Actually I played poor enough in the center and I had luck there were not more moves available. I would like to challenge you for a replay out of the tournament, it might be a very interesting game again, also result could be defferent... Do you accept?
Well, i'll accept your challenge. Create the game and also i propose to play " summer offencive" paired game.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Shilod wrote:
Dck wrote:
Well, i'll accept your challenge. Create the game and also i propose to play " summer offencive" paired game.

I love seeing this.

This is my greatest dream come true.

Bringing Panzer Corps fans together, and turning them on to Multiplayer. Yay! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Shilod

Post by Shilod »

goose_2 wrote: I love seeing this.

This is my greatest dream come true.

Bringing Panzer Corps fans together, and turning them on to Multiplayer. Yay! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bring together ? No , thanks! :D We just training for a next tournament and inventing new sophisticated methods to crush, kill and destroy our enemies :evil:
kingshafter
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by kingshafter »

After 2 very hard fought battles Kingshafter just manages to defeat Fabio3110 by grabbing an extra major objective on the southern flank on the last move! Phew!
Fabio3110
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fabio3110 »

kingshafter wrote:After 2 very hard fought battles Kingshafter just manages to defeat Fabio3110 by grabbing an extra major objective on the southern flank on the last move! Phew!
They were hard fought indeed, i thought i could get away with not buying more units in the last turn to save prestige, but that turned out to be a horrible decision.
I really enjoyed the tournament, and wish luck to Kingshafter and the others who have made it to the next round.
I look forward to the next tournament!
woken
Panzer Corps Tournament 2nd Place

Post by woken »

Woken reporting:
Hail Generals, Rag116 and I appear to have a tie. He is taking the last turn now. We will know for sure shortly.
woken

Post by woken »

...if so it would be two Axis victories.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

woken wrote:...if so it would be two Axis victories.

Email me your last turn screen shots
goose_2

woken

Post by woken »

Woken reporting:
Hail Generals. I have defeated Rag116. Both Axis sides had won and it was only a matter of prestige. He is a worthy opponent and only by constantly questioning my strategy and tactics, and by luck did I achieve victory. In both battle he was first to take the center objective and in the end I was in possession of them. Both battles he wrested control of the sea from me which was not my plan. Both battles the Axis gained air supremacy. As so many of the tournament games have been it was full of herculean efforts and major setbacks.

Thanks and good luck !
TonyAfan
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TonyAfan »

TonyAfan reporting in
TonyAfan France vs Riker Italy. I managed to take the centre VL early in the game and build a strong defense along the river. I then had to defend against strong italian attacks towards the southern coastal VL harassed by the strong italian air force. Both navies lost two ships each. Final position I held 3 of the 5 VL's for a French victory.
TonyAfan Italy vs Riker France.Again I managed to take the centre VL early in the game however the french forces were always threatening to take the centre VL. It was very tense watching the french final turn assault, luckily the italians managed to hold the centre VL. I got close to taking the french southern coastal VL but in the end the french defense was too strong. I managed to destroy the french navy which with the stronger italian air force helped me in the overall situation. Final position I held 3 of the 5 VL's for an Italian victory.

Thank you Riker for two tough battles.
armstein

Post by armstein »

Armstein Reporting in.

After a grueling first couple of turns Alexrus has defeated me severely in both campaigns through a cunning selection of equipment to which I could not respond in time.

Thanks Alexrus for a great game and good luck in the tournament ahead!
Riker
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Post by Riker »

TonyAfan wrote:TonyAfan reporting in
TonyAfan France vs Riker Italy. I managed to take the centre VL early in the game and build a strong defense along the river. I then had to defend against strong italian attacks towards the southern coastal VL harassed by the strong italian air force. Both navies lost two ships each. Final position I held 3 of the 5 VL's for a French victory.
TonyAfan Italy vs Riker France.Again I managed to take the centre VL early in the game however the french forces were always threatening to take the centre VL. It was very tense watching the french final turn assault, luckily the italians managed to hold the centre VL. I got close to taking the french southern coastal VL but in the end the french defense was too strong. I managed to destroy the french navy which with the stronger italian air force helped me in the overall situation. Final position I held 3 of the 5 VL's for an Italian victory.

Thank you Riker for two tough battles.

Congratulations, Tony! You had good aggressive starts, both taking centre early and holding it until the end.. Indeed the battles along the south coast were quite interesting because of the supporting fleets... Good luck in the next tourney round!
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

All right folks it is official.

Here are the winners of a very hard fought Round 3:

Woken
DCK
tonyafan
alexrus
SSIGeneral
kingshafter
paulwalvoord
stefandk

Some great players were eliminated in this round, as there was in all rounds, as this was an extremely close match as 2 of the matches ended in a tie and came down to prestige.

Same deal. I will compile the match up and post on Monday Night/Tuesday Morning.

This next match up I will leave it to you and your opponent if you want to play a paired game, as I do not think it is necessary, I will also be giving even more time, if needed, as it will be a bigger longer match, but you will have to wait to find out what it is for a little over a day.

Last minute practice is encouraged.

We are getting down to the last few rounds and it keeps getting more exciting.

Thanks again for being such gracious, forgiving, and interested players.

See you soon, until then...

Stay Lutheran my Friends. ;)
goose_2

Dck

Post by Dck »

Shilod wrote:
Dck wrote:
Game issued, I had no time before. Password same as we had for the tournament :) We will now see if the Russians really have the advantage in this game
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Oh My Goodness!!!!

My excitement level is EPIC!!!
I am so excited to unleash Round 4 AKA the Quarter Finals.

For this scenario we are going to play on a much larger scale covering the entire span of the war.

That is right people.

We are going to try our hands at Temporal Advance on Allied Corps. This is found on the logo for Allied Corps when you are picking your map. You can either choose to play as the Americans/British or the Germans. I leave it to you and your opponent to decide whether or not you want to do a single game for all the marbles or you want to try your hand at a Paired Game again. This is a much larger map with a huge range of possible strategic strategies and unit configurations. I for one have only braved this one 2 or 3 times, but thoroughly enjoyed my experience with it each time. Since this is a much larger battle and some may choose to play a paired game and I want to stick to my 1 or 2 battles per day I am giving all participants a full month to complete this battle. So I expect results to be in by Friday August 25th.
undo off
Password: tournament

Please work with your partner which side you will play or if you want to play a paired game.
The match ups are as follows:
tonyafan vs woken
SSIGeneral vs paulwalvoord
DCK vs alexrus
stefandk vs. kingshafter

Again work it with your partner which side you will play or whether or not to play a paired game, any fighting on this and I will decide for you to play a paired game. :P

I am super excited for all of you and am looking forward to any reports of progress as this will be an intense battle I am sure. The last one was riveting and one I thoroughly enjoyed, if anyone can post any replays please do or send them to me so I can have my buddy Hurly post them, or even get Reviewgamex to post him on his youtube channel.

Thanks again for all of the interest, encouragement, and thoroughly good time this is giving me.

Blessings on all of the match ups, please direct any questions to me and I will address them as quickly as possible.

Now begin! ;)
goose_2

StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Really excited - I only played this scenario a few times.

I think the most fair thing is to play paired games, but that is just my opinion - and I have never really played paired games. However, this will also be up to my opponent, but since I am the one to setup the game I would also be the one to choose sides.

Good luck to all!
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Kingshafter: Game is setup for you. You can choose between a paired game or a single game - I have setup both and also written a private post to you.

Return to “News & Announcements”