Fall-In 2013

Moderators: hammy, terrys, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

Simpleton
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Fall-In 2013

Post by Simpleton » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:23 am

How many folks might be interested in playing FOG Nappy at Fall-In on Friday? I know several folks already interested from the players I game with (Dan, Walt, Kevin etc). We want to try and get an even number, and then to have an even square off of French vs Anti-French. Can we also get a straw poll if people would prefer E&E armies or ToN armies, or I can run my guys either way (very helpful). For example, I have Penn Brits, but I do NOT have the stuff to make them Waterloo Brits. On the other hand I have a friend with Austrians (you know who you are...Walt) that can be run 1805, 09, 13-14, so Walt can be a switch era, and he has French, so he is also a switch batter. I hope I am not confusing you all.

I'll start: I have Penn Brits and Spanish so would prefer E&E, but could live with open pairing as long as we all did the same year. Alternately I could do ToN if others would accept my 1814 Brits or Spanish.

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Fall-In 2013

Post by babyshark » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:58 pm

I wish I could be there, but I cannot. Which doesn't really help you, I know. It does help me to bitch about it, though. :roll:

Marc

Simpleton
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Simpleton » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:01 pm

I know the feeling, I skipped Hisoricon. I can't do as many conventions as I used to. Also, with Three FOGs now there isn't enough time at the cons to do everything.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:58 pm

Schedule

Friday morning we will be doing a 25mm re-fight of Talavera. All our welcome

Followed by two open gaming events French versus Coalition. Loaner armies can be requested in advance. Teachers available too.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:25 pm

We've had out practice game for Talavera re-fight.

Everyone loved it. Of course it was a little entertaining that it unfolded pretty much like history, with the French perhaps taking a bloodier nose relative to the english than history. A few tweaks and some basing and we are ready for Fall-in.

O the one thing that was very english but not at Talavera, the english launched their heavy cavarly into the heart of the french advance too soon and got it roughed up for no good purpose.

edb1815
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by edb1815 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:23 pm

hazelbark wrote:We've had out practice game for Talavera re-fight.

Everyone loved it. Of course it was a little entertaining that it unfolded pretty much like history, with the French perhaps taking a bloodier nose relative to the english than history. A few tweaks and some basing and we are ready for Fall-in.

O the one thing that was very english but not at Talavera, the english launched their heavy cavarly into the heart of the french advance too soon and got it roughed up for no good purpose.
Looking forward to it. Also I will bring 1809 Austrians for the afternoon if you promise not to bash me up again with your French Reserve Cavalry Corps! :oops:

Eric

I can also bring a matching French corps if needed. I did tweak my Austrians a bit as well.

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Excellent. Don't worry going to avoid Cuirassier this year.

If its easy bring your french as well so we have proper historical battles. I know Russians and Prussians also coming from new players.

edb1815

Post by edb1815 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Okay. With Russians and Prussians coming I can bring an 1812 or 1813 list.

Return to “Tournaments, Demos & Opponents”