FoG at Cold Wars 2014

Moderators: hammy, terrys, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

hercimurthemediocre
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

FoG at Cold Wars 2014

Post by hercimurthemediocre » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:09 pm

(Since what made it into the Cold Wars PEL is a bit different than I intended, I will try to make it not sound so complex)

FoG "Flex" format tournament (aka "ALL FOG" tournament gaming)

Play from one to six games of Field of Glory, Field of Glory Renaissance, and/or Field of Glory Napoleonic rules sets in either 15mm or 25mm.

Tournament Round Schedule: Friday and Saturday March 7th and 8th
Morning (9am to 12:30pm)
Afternoon (2pm to 5:30pm)
Evening (7pm to 10:30 pm)

15mm games will be at 800 points on an 6'x4' table.
25mm games will be at 700 points and use 40mm MUs on an 8x5 table.

We will be playing 6 tournament rounds with a new format. It is a more loose format to support all of the FoG rules sets (Ancient/Medieval, Renaissance, and Napoleonic.) Players can play from one to six rounds and choose their preferred rules set and scale (15mm or 25mm) that they want to play. Standard 25 point scoring will be used. The top 3 scores for each player will be counted to determine who wins the tournament.

What I need for players to do is to tell me what they would like to play (army list and scale) and how many games they would like to play. I will also need to know what time slots you are available for. Also make note of any requests or preferences regarding what rules set, scale, time and/or how often you would like to play. Be as specific as you like and I will do my best to accommodate you.

I will nominally state that we'll try to focus on Friday for ancients and Saturday for Renaissance. It doesn't have to be that way or stay that way for everyone.

I will post specifics about who will be playing what rules set, scale, and in what time slot by March 1st. Please email me with the following details before that time:

Rules Set, Army List Name, year, scale, number of games you wish to play with this army
(repeat as needed for each army you want or are willing to play)

Jeff Fletcher (superfletch@gmail.com)
Jeff "superfletch" Fletcher

Cover: Hercimur the Mediocre (cause superfletch is usually taken.)

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: FoG at Cold Wars 2014

Post by babyshark » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Fletch:

I am willing to play all three rules sets, and swing between them as needed for you to balance the numbers. All in 15mm, as that is what I own. My first choice is FoG:AM, second is FoG:N, third is FoG:R. I will sort out my army lists and send them to you shortly.

Marc

**Would some nice FoG:N moderator move this topic to the tournaments section, please?

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: FoG at Cold Wars 2014

Post by hazelbark » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 pm

Also a reminder

Friday 930
Napoleon’s Counterstrike, 1814.
In late January 1814, Napoleon attempts to surprise and destroy Blucher during the final Coalition invasion of France.
Rules: Field of Glory Napoleonic, 25mm
6-8 players. 5 hours, 5x8 table

Return to “Tournaments, Demos & Opponents”