British (Allied) Peninsular Army

Moderators: hammy, terrys, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

pugsville
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: British (Allied) Peninsular Army

Post by pugsville » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:15 am

WIth the restrictions on the structure and use of the British Light Division I really would be shocked to see someone put on the table. The requirement to always be in skirmish order (except occupying buildings IIRC) just means the units isnt that useful and it's expensive. Why isnt there a points reduction for units that must be in Skirmish formation?

adonald
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: British (Allied) Peninsular Army

Post by adonald » Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 am

WIth the restrictions on the structure and use of the British Light Division I really would be shocked to see someone put on the table.
I'm not sure I'd be 'shocked' but I'd be amused at their poor choice of investment.

I have no idea why the 95th must be 'skirmish' - i.e. the Battle of Sabugal (April 1811) which could not have been fought the way it was with skirmish troops.

A better buy is the 7th Division with one brigade of KGL/Brunswick lights, one British/Chasseur Brittanique brigade and one Portuguese 'Light' brigade (paid for as 'cazadores' in the lists, although it's a standard Portuguese brigade). All average veteran, a good light infanry troop classification, the KGL and Portuguese armed as 'Light Infantry with Rifles'.

Alastair Donald

Return to “Army Design”