New Beta Test Applications

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

New Beta Test Applications

Post by jdm » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:47 pm

To all of you who have recently applied to join the beta test a big thank you. We will be getting to you as soon as possible but once again we have been overwhelmed with applications.

We are also assimilating a pile of feedback from the current testers and need to work this throgh before we move forward to the next stage.

I thank you for your patience

Best Regards
JDM

randynovotny
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by randynovotny » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:10 am

Hi,

I would like to be included with the others who have contacted you for consideration in beta testing for The Art of War. I started out in the 60s playing Avalon Hill, SPI and other board games then later got involved with miniatures gaming. I currently game the Napoleonic period in 6mm, using the computer assisted rules Follow the Eagle Tactical. In 15 mm I do the medieval and renaissance period using Warhammer Ancient Battles and the medieval and renaissance rules from Saga publishing.

I would be honored if I could have a hand in bringing a good new set of rules to the gaming public. :)

jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:31 am

The proceedure is to drop a mail to me at jdm@slitherine.co.uk and request a non disclosure agreement

We require all of our testers to sign up for this, before we can release a test version to them

Best Regards

JDM

larrydunn
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: New Beta Test Applications

Post by larrydunn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:06 pm

jdm wrote:To all of you who have recently applied to join the beta test a big thank you. We will be getting to you as soon as possible but once again we have been overwhelmed with applications.
Roger that. :)
Larry

"Call-Me-Kenneth likes doing bad things."

coldknight
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by coldknight » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:58 pm

Have you gotten my letter jdm?

malekithau
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by malekithau » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:53 am

Fair enough JD. What sort of turnaround are we currently looking at from the point at which our NDA s are received till when we receive the beta rules? Also are the rules PDF or hard copies?

John O

jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:06 am

Its not a precise science
However I do not anticipate sending out the existing version as it has been modifyfied quite a bit. It would not constructive as the new batch of testers may well just be repeating previous points.

We are working hard at the moment to get all of the new stuff in and I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

We fully appreciate what you guys are doing, and the contributions to date have been fantastic. Problem is you are to good for us to keep up with:-)

Regards
JDM

larrydunn

Post by larrydunn » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:59 pm

Well, I'm very much looking forward to helping out with the playtesting when the new version is available. I'm so ready for something new for ancients.
Larry

"Call-Me-Kenneth likes doing bad things."

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”