Winners Atrittion

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

grahambriggs
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Winners Atrittion

Post by grahambriggs » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:26 am

hangarflying wrote: So, you want to get more people involved (or at least, stay interested once they've played the game once at a convention)? Make your material easily available for new players to get a hold of: that means print books are available for purchase, and dump the stupid iPad app and make the books available as PDFs.
Yes these are all barriers. The version 2 rulebook seems to be difficult to find (perhaps only in the Slitherine shop?), though the army lists are available quite widely. It's a shame that what is fundamentally a good rules system is difficult to get into. Unfortunately the reality is that the owner is a computer games company and that's what makes the money.

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:55 pm

hangarflying wrote:As someone who has interest in the A&M time period, purchased the rule book, but has yet to actually start painting any armies, my biggest barrier to playing this game is accessibility to source materials. The books are rarely available, and the only electronic format is as an iPad app. I'm glad that I finally found a link to purchase a physical rulebook, because I can guarantee with 100% certainty if my only choice was the iPad app, I wouldn't give these rules a passing glance.

So, you want to get more people involved (or at least, stay interested once they've played the game once at a convention)? Make your material easily available for new players to get a hold of: that means print books are available for purchase, and dump the stupid iPad app and make the books available as PDFs.
The digital version of the rules are also available for Windows and Macs. Still not a good platform but not just an iPad app.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time

madaxeman

Post by madaxeman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 pm

grahambriggs wrote: ...the army lists are available quite widely.
Looks like Northstar in the UK have added all their sets of army lists to their stoock clearance sale listings - so you can actually pick them up for a fiver now on their site.
http://www.madaxeman.com
Become a fan of Madaxeman on Facebook at Madaxeman.com's Facebook Page.

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:41 pm

madaxeman wrote:Looks like Northstar in the UK have added all their sets of army lists to their stoock clearance sale listings - so you can actually pick them up for a fiver now on their site.
Which means they won't re-stock after they are gone, they just want rid.
phil
putting the arg into argumentative

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:27 pm

philqw78 wrote: Which means they won't re-stock after they are gone, they just want rid.
I see Mr Sunshine is doing well.

pyruse
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by pyruse » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:47 am

I took the opportunity to pick up 3 army list books for £5 each. Bargain

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”