Anybody going to be playing in 1/72 scale

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, philqw78, terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

Quintus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Quintus »

Thanks for the site details. The reviews are great and the quality of the figures on display is very encouraging.
Teech
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Teech »

It seems to me that in general wargamers are not aware of the possibilities available in plastics. Too many seem to regard them as they were in the 70s. They require a bit more application in the painting as details are less defined than on metals. But you can get a properly proportioned figure which nowadays is 23-25mm in height and best of all one that fits the 25mm base sizes without looking cramped like the large 28mm figures in metal.
Quintus

Post by Quintus »

Agreed.
thabear
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by thabear »

I have noticed the surprised look on fellow wargamers faces when i present my latest painting effort of 1/72 painted figures to the table whether it be my latest ACW , Napoleonics or Ancients . Presenting a pile of unpainted plastics in a little heap and then showing an army fully painted of the same figures gets quite a positive response .
I think the stigma attached to 1/72 plastics is slowly disapearing which is also obvious by the constant flow of new releases by manufacturers , i only wish i could paint mine allot quicker so i canmove onto the next project .

cheers tom
Fenton
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fenton »

Hi tom I agreee with you wholeheartdly

By the way I'm not sure if you made it down as I had to leave early,but you missed some interesting games of FOG at Ceasers Challange yeasterday, it realy inspired me to get things going for it

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”