good book on Crusades

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

good book on Crusades

Post by ravenflight »

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good book on the Crusades. I'm after something that has a decent historical account without bias. I'd prefer something that is fairly broad, not extremely detailed, but would go for detail over bias or inaccuracy. I don't care about the military side of things too much, more the socio-political side of it.

Any thoughts?
Cynical
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: good book on Crusades

Post by Cynical »

Hi

I have a BBC book called Crusades by Terry Jones (of Monty Python fame) and Alan Ereira that accumpanied a TV series years ago. I found it very readable and quite a good overview though I haven' read it for a good few years so it may be the mists of time making me say that. Unfortunately the TV series which was very good, isn't available otherwise I would have brought it years ago.

Cheers
Cynical
vexillia

Post by vexillia »

ravenflight wrote:I'm looking for a good book on the Crusades. I'm after something that has a decent historical account without bias. I'd prefer something that is fairly broad, not extremely detailed, but would go for detail over bias or inaccuracy. I don't care about the military side of things too much, more the socio-political side of it.
I have three books on the Crusades to give away, including the Terry Jones book, for just the cost of the postage. Drop me an email via this blog page.
ravenflight

Post by ravenflight »

vexillia wrote:
ravenflight wrote:I'm looking for a good book on the Crusades. I'm after something that has a decent historical account without bias. I'd prefer something that is fairly broad, not extremely detailed, but would go for detail over bias or inaccuracy. I don't care about the military side of things too much, more the socio-political side of it.
I have three books on the Crusades to give away, including the Terry Jones book, for just the cost of the postage. Drop me an email via this blog page.

Hi Martin,

Sent - let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks again.
vexillia

Post by vexillia »

ravenflight wrote:Sent - let me know if you don't get it.
Details are on their way.

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”