Rise of the Spitters

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Pandora Moderators

mrowka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Rise of the Spitters

Post by mrowka » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks was medling with it for a few days and couldnt get them to attack. I really enjoy/hate them now :D
Anyways if its possible to improve thier Ai so if they are in hive defending they would attack units that attack the hive or are near it would make them even more annoying and fun :D

boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Rise of the Spitters

Post by boulugre » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:58 am

AI controlled Artillery (including Spitters) is bugged in current release. In all my game i saw once a spitter bombarding my city, I was amazed :-)

Dev already mentionned in the coming patch that AI artillery will be fixed, so wait and see ;-)

mrowka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mrowka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:36 am

boulugre wrote:AI controlled Artillery (including Spitters) is bugged in current release. In all my game i saw once a spitter bombarding my city, I was amazed :-)

Dev already mentionned in the coming patch that AI artillery will be fixed, so wait and see ;-)
Its working fine in my beta one but they dont attack from the hive, had it alredy many times that a hive has 2-3 spitters but non of them attack me when i attack the hive so they are only as a fodder, and thats remmind me tha would be nice if hives would get a static garrison, since now at some early mid game i often see hives with queen only at which point is basicly free money.

Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:12 am

I played two games since the patch and they seem to attack just as they should, even from inside the hives.

mrowka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mrowka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 am

Hmm i will need to test it then a bit more, but the general thing is that they will attack you from hive if they are set to attack in general so that means they will travel somwhere and attack, my point was about the ones that are on guard stance, they just dont attack. But this might be one of my mods fault i did made them beffy ^^

Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:12 pm

From what I gathered in those two games it seems they behave very similar to the drones. Sometimes they attack, sometimes they move and sometimes they stay inside of the hive and do nothing. Although I have the feeling that they attack much more often than the drones. You can also get spitters camping before your cities and spitting at them every turn. Definitely the patch has made the aliens much harder for both human and AI players (AI dying even faster even on very hard). This also means that Terra Salvum has an even bigger advantage now. This was already proven by our first match in the tournament (AA medium) where the player who got green could conquer two factions before turn 60 because they were extremely harrassed by spitters while he only had to wait for the right moment to move in.

mrowka
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by mrowka » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:21 pm

You mean he conquer Ai or normal players?
Ai have no defence in thier city`s the sole fact that they can even advence after giant wave is a miracle of a pure luck, did observer few games as a spectator and for all of them is the same.
Besides from what i seen tree lovers are ment to be aggressive in early game due thier bonuses when the enemy advence a mid stage of mechanization era his forces in attack terms are comperable with TS at basicly full tech
I did a test and im right only spitters that attack you in hive are the ones that are on active move, did put some aircrafts around hives and 8 hives and did observe them. Each aircraft was in one square from hive, when the spitter spawned it did attack aircraft but when i move aircraft for a turn from spitters range, he will run from hive in the wild :D

Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm

It is a MP tournament so we have no AI there. He rushed tanks and attacked right when the aggression already had started for the first opponent and he had to defend his second city because it was sieged by spitters. His second attack was launched when the bigger aliens started to attack the second opponent (which was me) but he already had a huge advantage anyway due to having conquered another players capital somewhere around turns 35-40. (We're playing at high speed.)

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”