Ruins

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

ExMudder
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Ruins

Post by ExMudder »

Did the frequency of ruins get turned down? I'm seeing a lot fewer of them with the latest patch.

Also, colony ship dismantling is not getting me food or minerals.
boulugre
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Ruins

Post by boulugre »

Yeah they reduced the frequency of the ruins because they were a little bit to op for some maps and factions. I think they overdid it though as know ruins are a non factor. They could raise their number again or raise the rewards in each, making them more important in the starting game.

For the Ship dismantling, have you noticed that advancement now need to be produced in a city once researched before getting the benefit? Its probably why you didn't get the mineral and food.
Belanos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Belanos »

I personally feel that the number of ruins is just about right. I wouldn't want to have any more than there are now, in fact I wouldn't mind if there were even less. Though not by much.
ExMudder

Post by ExMudder »

boulugre wrote:Yeah they reduced the frequency of the ruins because they were a little bit to op for some maps and factions. I think they overdid it though as know ruins are a non factor. They could raise their number again or raise the rewards in each, making them more important in the starting game.

For the Ship dismantling, have you noticed that advancement now need to be produced in a city once researched before getting the benefit? Its probably why you didn't get the mineral and food.
Definite over nerf. Significantly weakens the tech faction.

You're right about the colony ship thing needing to be "built"
Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Zak0r »

For MP the number of ruins is ok as is. If there were any more then Terra Salvum (in the hands of experienced players) would be even more overpowered than it is already. Also the overall luck factor would be increased which would hurt MP. So I'd strongly oppose any suggestion to increase ruins.
vv221
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by vv221 »

Ruins frequency could be regulated through an option at world generation, like alien aggression is.
With "medium" being the more balanced frequency, subject to change with testing reports.
Debian GNU/Linux « Sid » amd64
ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6670 (radeon free driver)

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”