I thought I was doing so well until I met the Bear

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in WW2.

Moderators: doomtrader, Slitherine Core

stecal
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

I thought I was doing so well until I met the Bear

Post by stecal »

I thought I was doing so well.... then I attacked Russia in spring of 1941 with what I thought was a decent army 3-4 Panzer Corps & etc and GULP, the Russians have Tank Armies, many tank armies! Didn't see that coming at all & I retired the game after a few turns of watching my eastern forces destroyed in detail. Tank armies are so expensive I hadn't built any yet & I was concentrating on building fighters & tac air. Big mistake. Back to the drawing board then.
Clear the battlefield and let me see
All the profit from our victory.
massina_nz
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: I thought I was doing so well until I met the Bear

Post by massina_nz »

Were you playing against the AI? If so that was pretty harsh, since effectively the Russians didn't really have Tank armies in 1941. I've played CEAW quite a lot, and the make-up of the Russian Army in 1941 and the French army in 1940, especially in regards to Armoured units had a long and healthy debate.
OmegaMan1
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: I thought I was doing so well until I met the Bear

Post by OmegaMan1 »

Stecal, I just had the same thing happen to me. In my game, I decided to put off the invasion of Russia until I had a larger force built up. The Russians declared war in December 1941, and by March 1941 they had multiple (at least a dozen) tank forces, several of which were at the army level. By September 1941 most of my force in the east was destroyed, and the Russians were in Warsaw. I'm going to have to restart as well, maybe we have to invade Russia in 1940 LOL!

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”