Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

avoran
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

problem with resolution

Post by avoran » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Hello again!

I've just reinstalled the game (after a lengthy break) on a new PC. The main menu screen displays correctly, but the actual game screen does not. I am running Win 8.1 and my monitor's native resolution is 2560x1440.

No matter what resolution I set in the game options, if I choose "full screen" then I can only see the upper left quarter of the game screen. If I don't choose full screen, the I can only see what looks like the lower right quarter of the screen (though without any menus, which I seem to remember should be visible) and the window is not adjustable.

Based on other posts I suspect you're going to ask me for DxDiag.log, but I can't seem to find it.
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester

avoran

Re: problem with resolution

Post by avoran » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Never mind, I figured out it was the DPI thing (I normally have mine set to 200)

Setting it to 100 fixed the problem with CTGW. A real nuisance to have to reset that each time I play, though, and it makes toggling between CGTW and other apps impossible, since the 100 setting is way too small for me.

I know nothing about programming, but I sure wish this worked differently. :)
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester

operating
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: problem with resolution

Post by operating » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:35 pm

avoran wrote:Never mind, I figured out it was the DPI thing (I normally have mine set to 200)

Setting it to 100 fixed the problem with CTGW. A real nuisance to have to reset that each time I play, though, and it makes toggling between CGTW and other apps impossible, since the 100 setting is way too small for me.

I know nothing about programming, but I sure wish this worked differently. :)
Aren't you glad the dev's have been so much help? (who ?)

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”