POTZBLITZ mod Update V3.4 (DEC 11th)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Robotron
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Re: POTZBLITZ: a mod for CTGW

Post by Robotron » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Please remember you will have a good deal of additional commanders in the mod so the penalty won't be nearly as hard as you might imagine.
Last edited by Robotron on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nehi
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by nehi » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:27 pm

i know, but i dont understand any punishment, mistakes deserves to be punished, not the right choices, so why fix what aint broken

especially when i imagine how napoleon got moscow in slightly more than 2 months century ago

century later one person, who can ride horse, car, train or take a flight most likely prefer ulysses...
Last edited by nehi on Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Here's the list of commanders that will be available to the factions from the start of the turn they enter the war in 1914

GA: ground attack, AS: assault, SH: shock, BD: base defense, CR: command range

France
Lanrezac: GA: 2, AS:1, BD: 1, CR: 1 (will have a chance to be dismissed once Joffre is in play)

Britain
French: GA: 1, AS: 0, BD: 2, CR: 2 (will arrive with the BEF somewhere between turn 4-6)

Germany:
Von Kluck: GA:3, AS:1, SH:1, BD:,1, CR 0 (will have a chance to be dismissed each turn once Moltke has been fired)
Von Bulow: GA 2 AS: 0, BD: 3, CR:0 (will have a chance to be dismissed each turn once Moltke has been fired)
Von Hausen: GA:2, AS: 2, BD:2 , CR:0 (will have a chance to be dismissed each turn once Moltke has been fired)
Von Moltke: GA: 1, AS:1, BD:2, CR:3 (will be dismissed once the German advance in France gains no more ground)
Von Prittwitz: GA: 0, AS:0, BD:2, CR:1 (will be replaced when the first Russian infantry or cavalry has been destroyed by a german unit, then Hindenburg (GA: 2 AS: 1 BD:3 CR: 2) will replace him)

Austria:
Potiorek: GA:0, AS:1, BD:0, CR:1 (will be dismissed when he fails to seize Belgrade by end of 1914)

Russia:
Ivanov: GA:2, AS:1, BD:3, CR:2 (will be replaced by Brusilov (GA:3 , AS:2, SH:1 BD:3 CR:3) once CP recapture Lemberg, Tarnopol and Pryze..Prez...Przm...that fortress in Galicia!) :P
Samsonov: GA:2, AS:2, BD:1, CR:1 (will shoot himself once Tannenberg happens, will be replaced by Zhilinsky (GA:1 AS:1 BD:1 CR:2) who is actually worse)
Rennenkampf: GA:0, AS:0, BD:1, CR:1 (will be dismissed some turns later after Samsonov if neither Koenigsberg or Danzig have been conquered or Warsaw was lost to CP)

Today's testplay as singleplayer CP was most successful: no crashes until 1916....guess I'll have a few cold ones. 8)

nehi

Post by nehi » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 am

so when will be public beta available? u know, u play as its meant to be played, then u cant catch all the problems 8)

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Just finished a complete game as CP and encountered no problems. Must tweak a few variables though for Entente singleplayer mode and multiplayer mode.

Will upload the mod this week, promised.

nikolasjohn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by nikolasjohn » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Waiting eagerly....

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:16 pm

@nicolasjohn: thanks for the cheer! had a few testing games as singleplayer as Entente today and everything worked. Don't expect the AI as CP to push you to Paris in 1914 but I believe it's quite a bit more of a challenge than it was before. :)

Robotron

Re: POTZBLITZ: a mod for CTGW RELEASED!

Post by Robotron » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:10 pm

I have uploaded the mod. See first post for details and download links. :)

nehi

Post by nehi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:10 am

i made first run as cp and got owned by serie of unlucky events

russia is quite strong, so when i left just 10 units to catch first wave, they were smashed and russia went to berlin, until i regrouped they got just 2 german minors breslau and posen and some austrians...

i scraped german dread, so after first few turns germany morale was like 50%

meanwhile i took all belgian cities and remaining units withdraw to french hexes so event retreat was triggered and i saw event belgium surrenders also

but it never really happened

later i took paris and some french minors and almost all serbia (except cetinje and tirana)

some more events happened, mighty sweden joint cp. but german morale was falling down like the death star

russia was stoped, but i was still without breslau and posen, on other hand i got novo-georgievsk by attack from east prussia, then germany surrendered just before xmas and game crashed

belgium was still up

in that event storm i remember one really wierd, germany got some new leader, i assigned him to EF, where i had no one at that time, in next turn he was sacked in event, because he should be on WF...

moltke sacked for failing schlieffen plan just in turn i got paris was funny too
Attachments
1strun.rar
(127.05 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

nehi

Post by nehi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:26 am

in 2nd run i was more cautious, russia took me just tarnopol and lemberg, it has huge impact on austrian morale, which fell down to like 68% in next turns

then EF went to stale mate, during winter and later tiring from useless ai moving lowered efficiency by most of russian units, then they started to withdrawing and let me lemberg free (really empty) to take back

WF bit slower than in 1st run, but with similar events, moltke again sacked when i got paris, ai hold even half manpowered unit with low efficiceny there (again and same as in belgrade, so its no problem to get capitals, ai should learn how to swap units 8) )

serbia down in like 15 turns

in egypt there was like no resistance (just single sg, destroyed in first two turks turns and single garrison destroyed in next turn) until i took ismalia and port said easily

basra owned by british, really unexpected force :lol:

then the game crashed again, this time undecided (but low eff ai units pushed back anywhere except iraq)
Attachments
2ndrun.rar
(136.42 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks for reporting. Fortunately the bugs you mentioned were just caused by typos and easily fixable.

Find the corrected file "game.events.lua" attached to this post and overwrite the old one in folder:

Data/Scripts/game

About that new commander being removed because of being on the wrong front: you don't happen to remember which one that was? Because from looking at the script I can't find any error as the dismissal-event should only trigger for the starting german generals Moltke, Kluck, Bulow and Hausen.

The falling german morale was probably caused by the hunger events. You will have to break the blockade by sinking enough Entente ships and have more cruisers and dreads in the North Sea than Entente.

I will definitely have to do something about that crazy AI train-movement though, still not clear to me where exactly to step in since the AI does not play with the same rules (infinite railmoves) as the player.
Attachments
game_events.zip
(45.31 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

nehi

Post by nehi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:42 am

moltke or bulow sure not (i know em from world war one gold game 8) )

it was someone unknown for me, so i guess hausen or less likely kluck (but it was in like 10th turn and im not sure he was any of starting ones, maybe it was that one, who came with garrison placed in berlin later)

in event was something like "nice try to place him on EF, but he belongs to the WF, bye, fired" :lol:

train (winter) is problem in vanilla, but now any move is tiring units, thats devastating for ai

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Well, I could exclude AI units from tiring by moving if you would like that, that's easily done. :mrgreen:

nehi

Post by nehi » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:59 pm

bright side:

fixed run as entente flawlessly to the end
win in 23 turns, 20 au, 21 ger, 22 tur, 23 bg surrendered
au lost just lesser capital budapest and surprisingly surrendered first (many events hits morale badly i guess)

bombardment doesnt hit production so often as in vanilla, thats fine, its like 50% chance

ai suprisingly had enough units to set and hold coherent line of defense on every front i had to deconstruct it brick by brick

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dark side:

serbia just got fucked up by events... i didnt do anythin wrong, on top of that i conquered sarajevo and cattaro, but when i was preparing to storm temeschburg came winter and something terrible wrong

manpower sucked to zero, i couldnt refill units
in like 2 or 3 turns i lost most of serb units, which ended by losing belgrade
then immediately surrender, only one lost city (when i compare it to my cp game, when i got almost all serbia without such effect...), without chance to do anything against it
bulgaria joint cp

russian sea transport, terrible bad joke
i did it twice, they have no one, so i bought transport for 60 pps, embark cavalry, unit lost, transport lost (again 0 sea transports)
160 pps wasted, without explanation

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:48 pm

You did read the event that caused the sinking of your russian transport, and what to do about it, did you? (hint: build a russian dreadnought in the Black Sea first)

See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_b ... tsa_Mariya

nehi

Post by nehi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:40 am

didnt, bospor blocked, black sea free of enemy ships, it makes no sense, to build useless ship and wait 16 turns? its whole war...

and that serbia case was typhus? serbia starts with manpower 200, i made just like 2 or 3 cavalries, some refilling, 40 manpower spent +-, if rest was killed, it was more deadly than spanish flu

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:26 am

1. It does make sense if you plan to do an amphibious landing near Constantinople vs a defenseless AI.
2. Serbia had a population of about 3 million people at that time, with about 600.000 dying to the typhoid epedemic, that's indeed far worse than the Spanish Flu.
3. Serbia is not intended to go conquering AH, it is fighting for it's survival and must rely on troops shipped in by France and England.

nehi

Post by nehi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:01 pm

fine, 2.4M still up to fight, so where they disappeared? :lol:

serbians held austrian first year, until oct 1915, but here they just collapsed without any chance to avoid in first winter

too huge impact on manpower

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:34 pm

You said you won as Entente in 23 turns, do you want the game to be even more easier?

nehi

Post by nehi » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:00 pm

i dont, but there are other players who can ask (and u told u dont want unfair help ai if i remember it right, when i suggest to gave it more units or hold turkey out of war)

because its kinda frustrating

why it hits manpower so hard, if let some, manpower will be in red numbers, so less income and no place for serbian offensive

how it happened, there where no chance even for serbian deffense

tbh i was surprised it lasted so long, russia is really strong when joins the war, 10 infantries and 5 cavalries, arty set up right to fire tarnopol

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”