For the last six months I've been tinkering around with the scripts to make my own mod, called "Potzblitz" (which could be roughly translated as 'cor blimey!' a favourite saying of Emperor Wilhelm II ).
This mod is for the PC Version of the game. Maybe you are interested?
It features the following changes:
- no free upkeep, factions income adjusted accordingly
- small garrisons cost no upkeep
- winter may begin in november and may last until april (10% chance for each)
- commanders can be killed in battle (8% chance if commander's unit is destroyed) or by events
- moving units lose 0,3 efficiency
- home port bonus and naval home region bonus halfed
- fortress bonusses slightly reduced
- new cities: Ypres, Dresden, Lublin, Radom, Byalistok, Pristina, Anzac Beach, Mainz, Ossowitz, Lotzen, Trabzon, Bitlis, Dvinsk, Polotsk and some more
- convoys now give between 10 and 100 PPs and between 5 and 20 manpower if undamaged, less if they took a hit
- every country gains 2% of it's manpower value per round as bonus to manpower (thanks to Historicon for the hack)
- as long as the North Sea Blockade is in effect, Germany and Austria-Hungary will lose morale due to hunger which will be insignificant at the start of the game but will grow worse and worse. This can be (theoretically) countered by building enough naval forces to force a decisive defeat upon the Royal Navy. Once the US enter the war this will become almost impossible, so you better win the war FAST as the Central Powers!
- AustriaHungary will start with more hitting power vs the Serbs but even less troops at the russian front. Russia will have more troops gathered at the austrian border so you will really see Lemberg and Przemysl fall against the AI!
- Bulgaria will now join the Central Powers, if AH is doing good enough in Serbia. Capturing Belgrade and Kraljevo will trigger Bulgarian war entry given enough time. No more "red" Bulgaria, but watch out for Romania's (or Greece's!) reaction.
- artillery more powerful: basic strength raised from 3 to 5 which really makes them useful now, especially after the new upgrades. more BOOM! for your bucks
- Bombers were significantly toned down: no more shock! use less ammo though: 1 instead of 3 but take longer to research
- Zeppelins have more range and LOS now and lost 1 shock and got more expensive (40pp)
- Dreadnoughts have range and LOS 2 and use 2 ammo for bombardment (as do pre-dreads and Battlecruisers), cheaper and faster to build now (60pp/18 turns)
- Battlecruiser unit (by Kirk23): stat-wise a hybrid of pre-dreadnoughts and dreads...strong enough to sink everything but real dreads, fast and cheaper than dreads and have LOS of 3
- fighters reduced to 0 ground attack and 0 shock until further techs unlocked (no more stuka fighters!)
- submarines have been beefed up (especially with unlocked sub techs) but cost is raised from 22 to 30
- light cruisers are now submarine killers with sub-attack of 8!
- armoured trains come with 2 shock and better attack and defense, cheaper too (20pp, was 25)
- Arab Cavalry has extra shock, lower ground attack but fastretreat like armoured cars now (still can only be built by Arabs or by Britain after the "Kuwait Revolt" Event has fired)
All tech research times adjusted, starting techs modified
- industrial warfare defense bonus raised from 4 to 6
- steel helmet lost 1 aussault but gained 1 ground defense
- flamethrower gains 1 shock
- Poison Gas takes longer to research but Gas masks come earlier
- Artillery counter fire comes earlier
- 150+ new events some of which can branch out in many "what-if" scenarios according to the situation on the map or luck, including among many others:
Brussilov Offensive, Battle of Tannenberg, Siege of Verdun, Hunt for the "Emden" cruiser, German military mission to Turkey, Battle of Jutland, Hunger Crisis, Rasputin, Donation of Trento to Italy, War Propaganda, Serbian Typhoid Epidemic, War Bonds, Women in the Workforce, Spys and Counter-Spys, Battle of Sarikamis, Armenian Uprising, Arthur Bopp etc.
existing events have been totally overhauled and freed from several ugly bugs. Thanks go to Sabratha whose events I have also shamelessly included and expanded upon
20 new commanders including Moltke, Ludendorff, Immelmann, Enver Pasha, Colmar von der Goltz, Putnik, Ivanov, Potiorek, Townshend, Liman von Sanders, Hipper, Von Spee (if he survives!), Souchon etc.
All the new and existing commanders stats have been carefully re-designed to reflect their impact on the war.
I would like to thank DanielHerr for the help he gave me to understand the scripts!
If you are interested, I will upload the mod and a PDF detailing the new events so you know what to expect.
Also I'd be glad to hear about what you think of the changes I made.