Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

SGT_Orion
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

What's the hell about the lag?!

Post by SGT_Orion »

Why so many game still laggy?

Any solution to solve this?
Last edited by SGT_Orion on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: What's the hell about he lag?!

Post by VPaulus »

Please mind that we're using a new multiplayer system in PitF, we will improve the situation.
SGT_Orion

What's the hell about he lag?!

Post by SGT_Orion »

I hope it will be fixed very quickly because it's not playable like that...
15 min battle take 1 hours to be finished... Really not playable
SGT_Orion

Post by SGT_Orion »

Please mind we bought a game that we cannot play online...

So please dont tell us to be patient, the game may v got some bug, all the series was released with bug
BUT never a so laged online connection!

Then please, move yourself, bring enought people on this problem and solve it azap...
Or maybe you will have to think about give something to all of us who bought this unplayable game so far!
Stefano63
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Stefano63 »

I agree with SGT_Orion, this game is not playable online.

This is a big issue and should be solved asap!

Before to put on the market the game have you tested enough the multiplayer option?

I'm not satisfied I'm thinking that has been a mistake to buy this game.

Regards
KojusMaximusPL
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by KojusMaximusPL »

its completly unplayable
Who teh thell was testing this game? In teh first 15 mins I could say it has conenction problems, the fog is to dense
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's the hell about the lag?!

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The was a long and thorough beta process and nobody reported any lag issues for MP. We will definitely take a look at the server and ensure everything is running as it should and take any action necessary.

Cheers

Pip
SGT_Orion

Post by SGT_Orion »

So there is the result for my games:

In windowed mode:

When i 'm host:

-Joiner have sometimes a long data transfer. As big the file is as longer the transfer will be. Simple battle will took some seconde to be load for joiner, but short operation may take more time and Big gc will take over 1 minute.
- Hoster, whatever the opponent are and whatever the files selected, when u are on the deploy the hoster dont suffer any lag. Units receave command normaly, they dont get delay to be move on another place, receve command etc...
- Hoster, when game start, timer is variable, sometime 1 se = 1.5sec ( never really 1s=1s like the stand alone happens, it's always some lag ) and sometime it frozen for some sec, ( 2 > 6 sec). But sometime 1s = 5 sec and game just happens like if game was paused at each game sec for a too long time.

When i join:
- As big the game will be ( simple battle, short or big operation, gc) as big the time to load the file will be. GC took around 2 min to be loaded.
- During the deploy, unit's command is delayed for 5 sec. I take a unit and place it elsewhere and i need to wait 5 sec to see the unit appeared to the right place. If i command to the units to defend or so, it will take 5 more seconde to the units to be in defend.
- When game start, game simply pause the game each sec of game and units move like jump to jump with 5 pause seconde and each move. To be clear,the game start, time is on 14.59 and game start like in pause, 5 sec later my trooper jumped some meters away of their start position to be paused on 14.58 for 5 more secondes etc...

It was tested with different option ( 15 min, 20 min, moral on, moral off, opponent close to my country, opponent far of my country ...) and u will understand how it's unplyable for the joiner and sometime for both player

PS: In stand alone and in multiplayer game : i dont know if you noticied that but, during a game, when i kill or get a units killed ( i speak about infantry troops, the vehicles died normally) the soldier who will be killed will see his dead body appaera 1 seconde later. Then u receave the game message ( Soldier X killed), you heard the sound of his died but he will appaer on screen like a death 1 seconde later, like if his died was laggy :p...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

How recently were these games played? Seeing 5 second delays is not something that I have ever seen happening when we have played online.

Where geographically are you and your opponent?

Cheers

Pip
SGT_Orion

Post by SGT_Orion »

Last tested yesterday.

Anyway, that's strange than u didnt suffer of those lag or delay because it's happening each game played when i'm joiner.
It was tested from different part of the world from europe to europe/USA/Germany/Spain etc....
I use the faster speed connection offered by my provider. I know that game is settled to run with the lower speed of connected but it's the same
thing on CCV/CC4 etc and when i play there i dont suffer any lag ( except in some very, very few cases)
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

The multiplayer system used in CC means that the host will not generally suffer any lag at all, only the joined player. It's something we aim to change going forward.

There is a new server version live now, so it would be good to know if you see any improvments. What country are you located in?

Cheers

Pip
SGT_Orion

Post by SGT_Orion »

I'm from Belgium

PS:

i know very well about CC, i play since long, long years...

I know lag can appear. But if i posted here about his on PitF it's because the lag on this game is critical as it were never been on any other CC ( except maybe Marines but this is for some other reasons)
SGT_Orion

Post by SGT_Orion »

So far, the lag seem to be solved for me.
As joiner or hoster the game on multi runing fine for both player.

Just a very very few delay between command and action still remaining...
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Great - just so you know we are working hard on this issue and have an idea that might help greatly improve speed for those of you who had no issues before the routing server. Its still work in progress but we'll get it out ASAP.

Return to “Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog: Tech Support”