CPU Utilization - Multiplayer

Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Close Combat Moderators

gunbait
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

CPU Utilization - Multiplayer

Post by gunbait »

CC player since CC1, love the graphical improvements in PITF. Single player is pretty good, but MP is frustrating due to various instability issues. I'm not sure if this is related to any of the issues others are reporting...

- CPU Utilization - near 100% (only in multiplayer - single player seems responsive) Memory usage appears about normal. I'm on Win7 64.
- Interface seems slow in MP games (scrolling, etc. maybe related to above?)
- Game crashes / disconnects (game engine will pause for a a few seconds, intermittently. if i click on a unit while paused, i get message that other side has disconnected. Sometimes, the game will come back after a few seconds.
- Strat map takes a long time to load campaign file on MP game
- MP lobby doesn't appear to refresh after other side crashes ( the elipsis just blinks, like it's trying to load data or something)

Possible bug - the foret map, near the beginning, I seem to have crashes more often on this map than any others, SP or MP. Not sure why. Looking forward to a patch! :D
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CPU Utilization - Multiplayer

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You can try grabbing the new beta patch from the Matrix forums to see whether it solves your issues. You might have to open some ports on your router to get the full advantage of the new direct connection which the game attempts.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3273415

Cheers

Pip
gunbait

Re: CPU Utilization - Multiplayer

Post by gunbait »

Applied the beta patch from matrix, seems to run a lot smoother now. Didn't get a chance to try the direct connect, but still a big improvement.

Thanks!

Return to “Close Combat - Panthers in the Fog: Tech Support”