Bugs 0.2.0

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

jeggs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Bugs 0.2.0

Post by jeggs »

Panzer IV F2 is still turretless.

There are still LOS issues in the big gun scenario on the upper side of the village in the middle.

I have a small black bar on the upper left side of the display, between the "back" and "option" buttons.

(Ceterum censeo...)The thing that one can not load suppressed ATG, mortars, hmg, even after using the "Trumpet", makes them less usable, especially when used offensively.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bugs 0.2.0

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Can you provide more details and coordinates (turn on debug mode by adding DEBUGMODE 1 to your user.txt file in My Documents/My Games/BA2) or a screenshot for the LOS issues location?

Black bar - do you mean in battle? That is by design (a screenshot can let me be sure).

I will get someone to check out the turret issue.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Tac2i
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Tac2i »

I can confirm that the Panzer IV F2 turret does not rotate. When it fires, unlike other tanks, its whole body turns while the turret remains fixed.
JMass
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by JMass »

Barbarossa Campaign, Mission 9 (Typhoon, last mission), one objective is "capture both S-E road tiles before turn 30" but in the tooltip and in the final victory screen the turn is the 25th.
My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1
Roma Victrix!
jeggs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jeggs »

Thanks for the reply.
Regarding "Big Guns": Ill have to open a game. I try to do it in words until then. The issue arises in the village at the middle VP. There is no clear LOS between the most upper forward hut and the hedge. So if an axis tank rolls down the street leading to said village, he can not shoot at at a russian unit if it is left behind the hut and right of the hedge despite no apparent obstacle.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

JMass wrote:Barbarossa Campaign, Mission 9 (Typhoon, last mission), one objective is "capture both S-E road tiles before turn 30" but in the tooltip and in the final victory screen the turn is the 25th.
This is actually by design. The objective is to capture the road by turn 30, so if you do that you win the mission.

However the Achievement, which is what is shown on the results screen, is to capture it in 25 turns. So you can win without getting the achievement. Does that clarify?
JMass

Post by JMass »

A suggestion: in Kharkov campaign German units should be still gray (or winterized), not camouflaged.
IainMcNeil wrote: This is actually by design. The objective is to capture the road by turn 30, so if you do that you win the mission.

However the Achievement, which is what is shown on the results screen, is to capture it in 25 turns. So you can win without getting the achievement. Does that clarify?
I missed the point, thanks!
My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1
Roma Victrix!
jeggs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jeggs »

"Big Guns": The coordinate is 33,34, there something is off with the LOS.

One other thing: During the deployment phase, the mini map is not adjusting to changes in unit's position.

Edit: Sorry for the triple post.
Last edited by jeggs on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeggs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jeggs »

One other thing: During the deployment phase, the mini map is not adjusting to changes in unit's position.
jeggs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jeggs »

THE_bRUCE
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by THE_bRUCE »

Take the Hill scenario: Russian reinforcements appear behind German forces. I am not sure if that was intentional.

I recently started a skirmish scenario in which both sides have Russian forces.

I've also had some frustration with the skirmish editor. Randomly, it seems, the turn number and reinforcements toggle do not function.
jeggs
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by jeggs »

The picture of the IS II is so big that on cannot see the value for the rear armour.
stephenterrell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by stephenterrell »

Barbarossatag - first mission - hard level

During the computers move, about 13 moves to go, the screen updates and cursor movement became really jerky with a number of seconds between each update.
The screen would update then freeze for a number of seconds then another update etc.

Messages like target destroyed would appear (correctly) then after some seconds move up slightly and stop etc. until they faded.
The cursor stopped responding properly. It would jump around the screen as I moved the mouse, only responding each time the screen updated.

At the end of that computer move everything returned to normal and worked as it should to the end of the mission.

The sound might have also been jerking but I had it turned down and could not get to the menu to turn it up.
twoeyes
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by twoeyes »

I think the LOS issue is fixed now - Ive replaced the hedges near the village with trees to be certain. PanzerIV's turret has been renamed and should be in the next version.
stephenterrell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by stephenterrell »

Leningrad line:

I have destroyed (all?) 60 enemy units with a some moves to go but the destroy 52 units achievement was not "ticked" at the end of the mission and despite a wide ranging search by infantry I could not find anything else to destroy during the last moves but the mission did not stop early. Whatever was left was well hidden!
twoeyes
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by twoeyes »

Were you counter-attacked by Russian tanks during the mission?
stephenterrell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by stephenterrell »

Yes, they were the last 5 or 6 units to be destroyed (including the big one!) - they appeared near the right hand end of the fortifications. I cleared all of the houses in the top village as well and double checked all of the "muddy/scrub" areas within the fortifications and all of the forest above the fortifications (i know some units go and hide there).
arpaust
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by arpaust »

After opening the editor to have a look I am now having trouble with skirmish games. When I try to adjust points for one side the other sides points drop also by erratic amounts if you try to rectify they reduce until 0. Any help much appreciated. great game!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I can't replicate that - can you explain the exact sequence of button presses needed to get from the main menu to this occurance.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
stephenterrell
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by stephenterrell »

Attached is battle report showing 60 units destroyed and missing achievement star.

P.S. Should I be looking for a ski unit somewhere or is that an error?
Attachments
battle report.JPG
battle report.JPG (91.18 KiB) Viewed 4811 times

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”