Status of PC Game

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Gerry4321
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Status of PC Game

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello:
My understanding was there was to be no new development in the game. Is that still true?

Thanks,
Gerry
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Status of PC Game

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We're not working on anything currently, no.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

I understand. But I believe also that there are no plans for anything in the future, right? Thanks, Gerry
Schweinewitz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Schweinewitz »

I don't know, has Slitherine cancelled the development of BA altogether or are they waiting for a 3rd party to take over?

Although I' very happy with the user-made content, I'd love to see further official DLCs or even other TOs.

Well, hope dies last. :|
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

We haven't cancelled anything, we have no plans for more content for it though. There is always a balance between DLCs and expansions for existing properties and working on new development - especially when the team has been working on BA pretty much constantly for many years. Archon (our new engine) is in flight on a number of games, and an upgraded BA3 would be very simple to do, but we don't have a team available to work on it at the moment. To some extent it is the nature of the beast - there are always more things we would love to do than people to do them! The Apple 32-bit requirements also limit our ability to update the existing game.

Cheers

Pip
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Pip:

Now you are being a tease! - mentioning BA3. I assume it has been suggested before but maybe hire some of the talented people on here on a contract basis?

Hoping,

Gerry
Schweinewitz

Post by Schweinewitz »

Well, before dreaming of BA3 we should talk about BA2. This game was kind of nipped in the bud. Shame really, it has so much potential. Nonetheless I understand and accept Pip's explanation.
MikeAP
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by MikeAP »

I love this game, and still play it constantly.

The cooperative missions and cooperative skirmish mode literally allow for unlimited play options.

I would love to see Battle Academy expand to different eras. I think Battle Academy would fit well with Vietnam or a smaller conflict.
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

Middle East too. or anything before 1980 would seemingly be fair game. But maybe not as much draw as WWII
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

Such a bummer to learn this!
Adraeth
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Adraeth »

My opinion:

considering the new engine used for Sanctus Reach, considering the ( ithink ) incoming new game for ancient or middleage battles; i would really suggest Slitherine to produce a new Battle Academy with the new engine with all the army lists from west to east and africa with skirmishes and the excellent "sandbox campaign system" from Pike and shot campaigns.

For this engine is, in every aspect, the holy grail for a wargamer

With such BA the production might focus once on every aspect and it will give everything to gamers, selling a tons of copies in a small amount of time, avoiding expansions or add ons, so allowing program team to move to another project.

Just my 2cents
MikeAP
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by MikeAP »

Adraeth wrote:My opinion:

considering the new engine used for Sanctus Reach, considering the ( ithink ) incoming new game for ancient or middleage battles; i would really suggest Slitherine to produce a new Battle Academy with the new engine with all the army lists from west to east and africa with skirmishes and the excellent "sandbox campaign system" from Pike and shot campaigns.

For this engine is, in every aspect, the holy grail for a wargamer

With such BA the production might focus once on every aspect and it will give everything to gamers, selling a tons of copies in a small amount of time, avoiding expansions or add ons, so allowing program team to move to another project.

Just my 2cents
Love it.

As long as they also include cooperative multiplayer and skirmish modes.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you are or know of a team with the desire and ability to do such a thing, then please let us know! :)

Cheers

Pip
Adraeth

Post by Adraeth »

I would love to find one :D ; i know (working on board game design) that there choices, but all this wishes are here just because you made an excellent engine from the very first BA, to Pike and Shot and Sanctus Reach.

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”