Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Announced!

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Kreisler
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Announced!

Post by Kreisler »

Nacho84 wrote:
Kreisler wrote:Good to hear from you Nacho84.

Like everyone else I am eagerly looking forward to this release. I am an old BARIS aficionado, and I have a question regarding the technical development of the audio side of the game. Will you be interspersing the game with simulated TV/Radio broadcasts celebrating program achievements and calamities? If so I hope you use period appropriate talent for the job. Broadcasting in the 50's/60's had a very different tone to that used today, and it would greatly add to the program if that could be captured. I am a retired broadcaster myself and it irritates me no end to hear recreations of "historical broadcasts" using modern voice patterns! Who would you rather hear....Wolf Blitzer or Walter Cronkite! :)
Hello Kreisler,

Apologies for the late reply. At the moment, we're not planning to include simulated TV/Radio broadcasts in the interseason screens, but I'll take your suggestion on board!

Cheers,

--Ignacio

Ahh Nacho, I hope that you do. It would be a somewhat sterile experience to work through the game without having someone to cheer you along the way. What would life be without an "ole!" or a "bravo!" or even an occasional "Houston, we have a problem..." Immersion into the program would be greatly enhanced, and would raise it from being an academic exercise to a more emotionally involving event.

I'm sure that you have made provision for in-game narration of some kind, even if only to describe program elements. It would'nt take it too much further to add newscasts to the deal, or even newsprint cutaways as Nikmuk suggests.

Thanks,

Kreisler
Kreisler

Post by Kreisler »

Okay, here's a thought...since corporate at Slitherine has decided on a non-cold war related space program game unrelated in setting to BARIS, and since interested forum members would prefer some competitive element to the game may I suggest that as an impetus for players to go to space in the first place we posit what follows:

Non-aligned nations in the 1950's decide that a combined space organisation to counter the US/USSR stranglegold should be formed. NANSA's mission success will be measured against US/USSR successes of the day. The competition in a sense becomes the US and USSR combined. Prestige will be awarded based on whether space programs beat the US/USSR benchmarks, and by how far.

An interesting sidebar to the game would be the budgetary assignment process. Each non-aligned nation involved in NANSA will have a vote on a requested budget and will decide on whether the program has a "go-no go" for launch. "Namibia votes GO!", Paraguay votes NO-GO!

Yes, I know, totally unrealistic, but no more so than what Slitherine proposes. And at least there is a competitive element to the game.

The irony is of course that this is Fritz Bronner's idea, not mine. In a four player game of Liftoff! the "non-aligned" nations were Europe and Asia who competed against the US and the USSR seperately.

This is all for academic discussion. I'm sure the game is too far along in development for this. And I will still look forward to it without reservation!
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Apologies to both of you for the late reply. Once we get close to the beta release we'll evaluate with Iain what you folks suggest regarding the newscasts. The truth is, the game rules have evolved so much during the past few months, that pretty much all of my energies are devoted to getting the beta version of the game complete. In any case, feel free to chime in and drop your suggestions. We might not implement them all, but I do certainly check the forums and take notes of your comments.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Kreisler wrote:Okay, here's a thought...since corporate at Slitherine has decided on a non-cold war related space program game unrelated in setting to BARIS, and since interested forum members would prefer some competitive element to the game may I suggest that as an impetus for players to go to space in the first place we posit what follows:
The idea of setting the game in a fictional universe took place in January 2007, when I started developing the game and didn't even know about Slitherine's or Matrix's existences :) I did that because I wanted to provide a game with tons of programs and hardware to choose from, so it made sense to aggregate all elements under one agency. On top of that, I didn't want the game to end when the player reached the Moon...

That being said, there will be a campaign mode where you will have to stick to deadlines, so you'll definitely get a competition element there. If you'd rather play around and try different approaches in a more relaxed environment, then the sandbox mode is your game mode.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
NickMUK

Post by NickMUK »

Hey, what's the crack with astronauts? Will they be actual astronauts or will they just assume identities that bear no resemblance anyone in particular?

Will you try to take advantage of Commander Hadfield and his new celebrity status for your marketing? I know I would, but of course I have no shame.
professorel
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by professorel »

Wow ok signed up just for BASPM

First I'd like like to make the obligatory statement about how much I'm looking forward to this and all that don't take this as ingenuous just I think it gets stale after a while

Second, I'd like to address the people concerned about the exclusion of cold war and multiplayer elements.
The short version is: this is a game, not a historically accurate simulation.
Detail: Excepting the usage of historical programs, this game need not even take place on 'Earth', as we know it at least. Doing so would (assumingly) not detract from the game in any manner; it is not BARaceIS, it's BASPManager, competition is not the focus of the game; no framing device of any significance is need to give the game meaning, the objective is managing a space program, not beating the other side. And ultimately, of course, it's supposed to be fun. I totally understand the desire for historical accuracy, but I also totally understand the desire to make a super awesome space program without having to worry about 'the enemy'.
I will add, though, that I think given the (assumingly) wide variety of programs and missions and techs, it could be reasonable to tack on a multiplayer at some point, having the sides access to everything, but able to choose a direction/strategy they'd like to take (unlike BARIS, which had country specific hardware). I haven't seen the code though, and am definitely not one of the devs, so I couldn't say.

Third, I'd also like to voice some of my hopes/concerns for the game.
One thing that bothers me in BARIS is the lack of a large number of options, for example, you have five manned vehicle choices (1person, 2p, 3p, DA, minishuttle). Within these themselves, there aren't really any further options. I'm hoping that the tech tree will introduce much more customization options to hardware, in terms of mix/matching parts for missions, making changes/additions to 'standard' hardware, and such (and more mission options as well) (I'm getting that sort of vibe from some of the screenshots and the like). Additionally, instead of preset missions like BARIS, the ability to custom define missions in terms of steps (which were present in BARIS and seem to be here as well) would be enjoyable, and would compliment the previous well (probably with 'standard mission' presets for simplicity/reference)(oh and mission flexibility would be a nice compliment to this(altering a mission in-flight as/if necessary(extending probe missions, altering manned mission profiles if good/bad events, etc). Also, I did like the idea of having some kind of 'outside link' (suggestion was newscast), or something simple to put the game in a bit of context and make it seem less self contained. (that is, acknowledge the existence of an outside world, and how the space program and it affect each other, not necessarily historical(and random events too. just not as random as BARIS))
Lastly, not so much with the game as just in general, but having 'an Ultimate Goal' isn't really ideal, in my opinion. After we went to the moon, we'd beaten the soviets, and just...stopped. Same thing if you make the goal mars. Where do you go from there? You haven't 'conquered space' or anything, there's still more to explore and discover and learn and utilize. I understand this game is episodic in nature, but I think the player should have some choice in which direction they wish to take. For instance, as I understand there will be a second intermediary update between the moon and mars phases. What kind of freedom will they have on what they do during this period? Can they continue moon missions(with more complexity(moon base,etc)), something else even(venus flyby?), or are they bound to languish performing research in space stations? Of course, this extends to the rest of the game; don't just hand them a goal, let *them* make their goals. Or at least choose what goals to make along the way to the ultimate one.
I understand you're too late in the dev cycle to implement any major new features, but can't hurt to say things.

Finally, a few questions:
When the expansions are released, can the game be played continuously, or are the updates more separate?
Since this game is being released episodically, you probably have some standard sort of system for defining missions and tech and hardware and such for ease of adding content. In short, what does the environment of BASPM look like in terms of third party content?
I want to ask a third question but I can't think of one/think I had one but forgot it. So, I ask: do you(devs) have any questions? No I'm not sure what I'm expecting
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

NickMUK wrote:Hey, what's the crack with astronauts? Will they be actual astronauts or will they just assume identities that bear no resemblance anyone in particular?
I cannot comment much about this at the moment. All I can say is... stay tuned for future announcements! :)

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

professorel wrote:Wow ok signed up just for BASPM
Welcome to the forums, then! :)
professorel wrote:First I'd like like to make the obligatory statement about how much I'm looking forward to this and all that don't take this as ingenuous just I think it gets stale after a while
That's fine. Developing a game is really hard work, so it's nice for us to get some honest praise for what we are doing!
professorel wrote: Second, I'd like to address the people concerned about the exclusion of cold war and multiplayer elements.
The short version is: this is a game, not a historically accurate simulation.
Detail: Excepting the usage of historical programs, this game need not even take place on 'Earth', as we know it at least. Doing so would (assumingly) not detract from the game in any manner; it is not BARaceIS, it's BASPManager, competition is not the focus of the game; no framing device of any significance is need to give the game meaning, the objective is managing a space program, not beating the other side. And ultimately, of course, it's supposed to be fun. I totally understand the desire for historical accuracy, but I also totally understand the desire to make a super awesome space program without having to worry about 'the enemy'.
I will add, though, that I think given the (assumingly) wide variety of programs and missions and techs, it could be reasonable to tack on a multiplayer at some point, having the sides access to everything, but able to choose a direction/strategy they'd like to take (unlike BARIS, which had country specific hardware). I haven't seen the code though, and am definitely not one of the devs, so I couldn't say.
Exactly. Although I really enjoyed the original BARIS (although I played it 11 years after it was released... I was nine in 1993 and didn't speak English back then!), I always wanted to play a game where I could only focus on the management side without worrying about competition. More like a 'software toy', if you will :)

That being said, we are taking notes of all the comments we read in the forums and we might consider doing another game at some point in the future focusing on the Cold War. But, for the moment, BASPM is a management game with a very big tech tree for the players to explore!
professorel wrote: Third, I'd also like to voice some of my hopes/concerns for the game.
One thing that bothers me in BARIS is the lack of a large number of options, for example, you have five manned vehicle choices (1person, 2p, 3p, DA, minishuttle). Within these themselves, there aren't really any further options. I'm hoping that the tech tree will introduce much more customization options to hardware, in terms of mix/matching parts for missions, making changes/additions to 'standard' hardware, and such (and more mission options as well) (I'm getting that sort of vibe from some of the screenshots and the like).
The approach we've taken with BASPM is as follows: you have Program Categories, which are high level groups of programs (e.g., "Lunar probes", "One crew ballistic capsules", "Space planes", etc). Each Program Category has one or more Programs (e.g., the "Lunar probes" program category has "Lunar flyby", "Lunar orbiter", "Lunar lander", "Lunar sample return", etc) and each program has one or more Mission Configurations.

The Mission Configurations have a fixed hardware but, there's so many of them, that you'll certainly have plenty to choose from. The reason each mission configuration is fixed in terms of hardware has to do with the fact that we provide a set of animated pictures for each mission and we want the pictures to depict the hardware being used. If we were to provide ultimate flexibility in combining pieces of equipment, we would need to provide all the different animations combinations as well and that would take our production costs to the sky!
professorel wrote: Additionally, instead of preset missions like BARIS, the ability to custom define missions in terms of steps (which were present in BARIS and seem to be here as well) would be enjoyable, and would compliment the previous well (probably with 'standard mission' presets for simplicity/reference)(oh and mission flexibility would be a nice compliment to this(altering a mission in-flight as/if necessary(extending probe missions, altering manned mission profiles if good/bad events, etc).
We have some elements of this, yes.
professorel wrote: Also, I did like the idea of having some kind of 'outside link' (suggestion was newscast), or something simple to put the game in a bit of context and make it seem less self contained. (that is, acknowledge the existence of an outside world, and how the space program and it affect each other, not necessarily historical(and random events too. just not as random as BARIS))
We have added some elements of this as well. Boris (our UI and 2D guy) has been working on some mock screens for this functionality last week.
professorel wrote: Lastly, not so much with the game as just in general, but having 'an Ultimate Goal' isn't really ideal, in my opinion. After we went to the moon, we'd beaten the soviets, and just...stopped. Same thing if you make the goal mars. Where do you go from there? You haven't 'conquered space' or anything, there's still more to explore and discover and learn and utilize. I understand this game is episodic in nature, but I think the player should have some choice in which direction they wish to take.
After beating the final goal the idea is that the player will fire up the game in sandbox mode and have fun trying different alternatives (do I use the shuttle in order to build a space station? do I set up lunar habitats first before setting lunar bases? etc).
professorel wrote: For instance, as I understand there will be a second intermediary update between the moon and mars phases. What kind of freedom will they have on what they do during this period? Can they continue moon missions(with more complexity(moon base,etc)), something else even(venus flyby?), or are they bound to languish performing research in space stations? Of course, this extends to the rest of the game; don't just hand them a goal, let *them* make their goals. Or at least choose what goals to make along the way to the ultimate one.
Parts 2 and 3 add a significant amount of new program categories, both manned and robotic. The total game (i.e., parts I, II and III combined) boasts 40 program categories, each with one or more programs and each program with one or more mission configurations. Some program categories have 5 or more programs, so there's plenty to choose from. The tech tree allows you to get to the Mars missions without opening the whole tree, so it's really up to the player to decide which parts of the tech tree should be explored. On the other hand, exploring more programs gives a way to obtain prestige points, so it's up to the player to decide how to allocate the funds.
professorel wrote: I understand you're too late in the dev cycle to implement any major new features, but can't hurt to say things.
That's fine, we're always open to suggestions. We might not be able to add them all but we certainly listen and take notes.
professorel wrote: Finally, a few questions:
When the expansions are released, can the game be played continuously, or are the updates more separate?
You can continue your saved games while having a whole new range of programs at your disposal.
professorel wrote: Since this game is being released episodically, you probably have some standard sort of system for defining missions and tech and hardware and such for ease of adding content. In short, what does the environment of BASPM look like in terms of third party content?
At the moment, we are not planning to provide a way for the players to develop their own content. That might change later, though.
professorel wrote: I want to ask a third question but I can't think of one/think I had one but forgot it. So, I ask: do you(devs) have any questions? No I'm not sure what I'm expecting
Not really, but feel free to open up more threads if you have more things you'd like to discuss. Unfortunately, we are a little bit underpowered in here (we're a really small team!), but I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
professorel
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by professorel »

Wow just reading all this feels good for some reason. I rarely get to talk to devs or anyone else I consider 'cool' or 'important' or whatever, and even less often get such a thorough response, so this kind of thing is always exciting for me. :D (I can only imagine what talking to Buzz was like though)
Nacho84 wrote:Exactly. Although I really enjoyed the original BARIS (although I played it 11 years after it was released... I was nine in 1993 and didn't speak English back then!), I always wanted to play a game where I could only focus on the management side without worrying about competition. More like a 'software toy', if you will
I was zero in 93 and learned about BARIS only about six months ago, I'd say, and though I've gotten way more out of it than it appears at first it would to be able to give, it still has a lot to be desired. And personally I greatly enjoy management in games, as well as software, toys, and of course, space, so needless to say I'm looking forward to this.
Nacho84 wrote:The approach we've taken with BASPM is as follows: you have Program Categories, which are high level groups of programs (e.g., "Lunar probes", "One crew ballistic capsules", "Space planes", etc). Each Program Category has one or more Programs (e.g., the "Lunar probes" program category has "Lunar flyby", "Lunar orbiter", "Lunar lander", "Lunar sample return", etc) and each program has one or more Mission Configurations.

The Mission Configurations have a fixed hardware but, there's so many of them, that you'll certainly have plenty to choose from. The reason each mission configuration is fixed in terms of hardware has to do with the fact that we provide a set of animated pictures for each mission and we want the pictures to depict the hardware being used. If we were to provide ultimate flexibility in combining pieces of equipment, we would need to provide all the different animations combinations as well and that would take our production costs to the sky!
Ah. Totally understandable. You just can't do everything you want in a project, unfortunately.
Just curious though, I meant not just combinations of larger hardware, but perhaps swapping out or upgrading certain 'parts' or 'features' of a hardware piece, for example, BARIS had a flat success rate for the entirety of the hardware, but since I'm not entirely clear on what the tech tree affects specifically, could you, say, research fuel cells, and apply that to a Mercury capsule instead of the original batteries? You could easily do something like that without the need for a different model. It isn't sounding like this is the case though, but just wondering. Again, can't hurt to ask.
Nacho84 wrote:Parts 2 and 3 add a significant amount of new program categories, both manned and robotic. The total game (i.e., parts I, II and III combined) boasts 40 program categories, each with one or more programs and each program with one or more mission configurations. Some program categories have 5 or more programs, so there's plenty to choose from. The tech tree allows you to get to the Mars missions without opening the whole tree, so it's really up to the player to decide which parts of the tech tree should be explored. On the other hand, exploring more programs gives a way to obtain prestige points, so it's up to the player to decide how to allocate the funds
40x5x2=400. :shock: Not sure how accurate that rough estimate is, but even the 40 is way more than BARIS.
Nacho84 wrote:Not really, but feel free to open up more threads if you have more things you'd like to discuss. Unfortunately, we are a little bit underpowered in here (we're a really small team!), but I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.
If I do I will do so!
And yeah. Small teams seem to be the best kind as of late, for a variety of reasons, so I'm certainly not complaining. I suppose I'd offer help, but 1, that'd basically just be straight up asking for a job (which I'm pretty sure is a rude thing to do), and 2, I have no useful skills (of any helpful degree of expertise), and am generally a poor worker anyway. So I'll just wish you luck instead! :)
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

professorel wrote:Ah. Totally understandable. You just can't do everything you want in a project, unfortunately.
Just curious though, I meant not just combinations of larger hardware, but perhaps swapping out or upgrading certain 'parts' or 'features' of a hardware piece, for example, BARIS had a flat success rate for the entirety of the hardware, but since I'm not entirely clear on what the tech tree affects specifically, could you, say, research fuel cells, and apply that to a Mercury capsule instead of the original batteries? You could easily do something like that without the need for a different model. It isn't sounding like this is the case though, but just wondering. Again, can't hurt to ask.
Yes, I see what you mean. I'll keep that suggestion in the backburner for the future. At the moment, I'm afraid it would be very hard to integrate without significantly changing the code and the UI.
professorel wrote:I suppose I'd offer help, but 1, that'd basically just be straight up asking for a job (which I'm pretty sure is a rude thing to do), and 2, I have no useful skills (of any helpful degree of expertise), and am generally a poor worker anyway. So I'll just wish you luck instead! :)
Thank you! Nothing wrong with asking, that's how opportunities arrive!

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
TheBean
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by TheBean »

I've been looking forward to this since it was announced, really excited to try it out. Are you guys still aiming for a June release or will it be delayed?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're still doing a lot of polish so we're not ready for June - a lot of extra stuff has been added! We don't want to say when until we;re sure but we're a couple of months away at least.
Ubik
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Ubik »

I've been looking out for this game ever since the first announcement years ago, I feared it had turned to vapourware so it's brilliant to see it so far along now! As a game, it's exactly what I've been hoping to play - in control of a realistic (hardware wise) space program that isn't just focused on winning a geo-political battle. I've played BARIS endless times and one of the most frustrating elements is always that even when you win, you're left with the disappointment of it being over before it's even really begun. As such, I'm fully behind your choice to take it away from the Space Race. I can't wait to see what kind of tech tree options there are to pursue and to see how my own idealistic alternate history would transpire.

A couple of questions that I can't see mentioned elsewhere (apologies if I just haven't looked hard enough) - does the game deal with future tech developments? For instance, in propulsion - I'm not talking warp drive or anything here, but nuclear drives, electric propulsion etc? And to get to Mars, would you have to develop things like radiation shielding, EDL systems and whatnot? That may be getting a bit OTT on the detail, I guess I'm just wondering what to expect on that front.

On a slightly different note, I've noticed in your promo shots that items have generic names, "Big-size rocket" and such rather than the names of the real-world counterparts (which I'm guessing you're not allowed to use?) - my question would be whether there's a feature for the player to name them manually? It's quite a shallow question I admit, but it would be nice!

The artwork and visuals look excellent and the content looks exciting. I'd say I can't wait, but I've managed to do it thus far, I'm sure I can hold out a little longer! Best of luck with it all.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Ubik wrote:I've been looking out for this game ever since the first announcement years ago, I feared it had turned to vapourware so it's brilliant to see it so far along now!
Thanks! Once the game gets released I'll surely write a postmortem. You'll be amazed of all the things that happened since the project started back in 2007 :)
Ubik wrote:A couple of questions that I can't see mentioned elsewhere (apologies if I just haven't looked hard enough) - does the game deal with future tech developments? For instance, in propulsion - I'm not talking warp drive or anything here, but nuclear drives, electric propulsion etc?
Yes, the game features quite a bunch of mission from the future. I'm planning to add a "Project Orion" option (the nuclear propulsion spacecraft envisioned in the 1950s), but I still haven't made the final decision. I'm mostly focused on the beta for part 1 at the moment.
Ubik wrote:And to get to Mars, would you have to develop things like radiation shielding, EDL systems and whatnot? That may be getting a bit OTT on the detail, I guess I'm just wondering what to expect on that front.
Notice that in SPM you don't research particular technologies. The idea is that you have a series of programs and, by paying an initial cost, you get access to all their hardware components and are able to improve them through R&D. In order to forbid the player from opening advanced program, there are some goals that need to be accomplished first (e.g., you cannot open the Mercury program unless you have placed an artificial satellite in orbit first). Mind you, the goals are not ultra-restrictive. Otherwise the game would become too linear...
Ubik wrote:On a slightly different note, I've noticed in your promo shots that items have generic names, "Big-size rocket" and such rather than the names of the real-world counterparts (which I'm guessing you're not allowed to use?) - my question would be whether there's a feature for the player to name them manually? It's quite a shallow question I admit, but it would be nice!
Well spotted :D Yes, my original plan was to use generic names for all mission components and then have the 'Historian' character tell you what's the real-life equivalent of that piece of hardware. But then we decided that using the real-names makes a lot more sense, so that's what we will do in the final version. Someone in the matrix forums also mentioned he wanted to be able to name things manually, so I'll add support for that. It's not high on the priority list now, but it will be done.
Ubik wrote:The artwork and visuals look excellent and the content looks exciting. I'd say I can't wait, but I've managed to do it thus far, I'm sure I can hold out a little longer! Best of luck with it all.
Many thanks. Stay tuned, we'll be announcing the beta version in the near future.
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nats »

Very interesting looking game. I am sure you will be looking at the popularity of Kerbal Space Program with interest although I take it there isnt much in terms of similarity this being more of a strategy game by the look of it and KSP being more of a design then fly by the seat of your pants type of game. But great that there are space games actually coming out now - its been too long. I never got the chance to play Buzz Aldrins RIS game all those years ago so I will be looking at this games release with a lot of enthusiasm.

Have to say though with todays market being the way it is I wouldnt buy this game without either playing a good demo or seeing a some very good Lets Plays of it being actually played, as well as reading lots of good things on the forums about it. I am very careful about buying new games now.

Having had a look at the screens on show its very diffiuclt to tell what the gaemplay wioll actually be based around - is it just a load of static screens where you click on a button to choose a path or does the game have more than that?
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

nats wrote:Very interesting looking game. I am sure you will be looking at the popularity of Kerbal Space Program with interest although I take it there isnt much in terms of similarity this being more of a strategy game by the look of it and KSP being more of a design then fly by the seat of your pants type of game. But great that there are space games actually coming out now - its been too long. I never got the chance to play Buzz Aldrins RIS game all those years ago so I will be looking at this games release with a lot of enthusiasm.
Thank you :) To be honest, I haven't tried Kerbal yet, but I'll surely will once SPM gets released.
nats wrote: Have to say though with todays market being the way it is I wouldnt buy this game without either playing a good demo or seeing a some very good Lets Plays of it being actually played, as well as reading lots of good things on the forums about it. I am very careful about buying new games now.
That's fine, and I understand what you say. I'm sure lots of demos will be up on youtube on release.
nats wrote: Having had a look at the screens on show its very diffiuclt to tell what the gaemplay wioll actually be based around - is it just a load of static screens where you click on a button to choose a path or does the game have more than that?
The gameplay is mostly focused around the management screens, where you decide which programs to open, how to assign technical personnel to R&D, etc. The renders I've been uploading to the forums belong to the "Mission" screen, where you actually get to launch and see the development of your mission. You might also make some decisions, like whether you want to abort a mission or continue with it, and things like that.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter
kathrynbottrell

Post by kathrynbottrell »

I really appreciate your buzz on Aldrin's Space Program Manager announcement. There is very useful information shared between users.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”