Suggestions, bug fixes, misc for 0.7.6

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

flightmaster
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Suggestions, bug fixes, misc for 0.7.6

Post by flightmaster »

Just a few things I picked up while playing from scratch in 0.7.6.

1. Is it possible to implement a way to display which goals/missions have been completed in the past? E.g. If I finish a mission completely and then close that mission upon completion, I'll still have achieved all the goals within that mission right? If so, then can it be displayed that I have already achieved those goals and finished that mission?

2. Until an autosave feature is implemented, could it be made possible to go from the save confirmation dialogue directly back into the game instead of to the menu screen? Just to make gameplay a bit more fluid.

3. Can a duration status of each mission be displayed in the mission summary area of the mission configuration screen (the one just above the Goals Achieved area)? Just so we know how many seasons a mission/configuration will take.

4. I think I found a glitch where, if you complete a configuration on the left most side of the configurations and then skip a configuration (e.g. go from the 1st configuration to the 3rd), it will automatically assume you have completed the configuration in between and assign the goals as completed. Not 100% if this was an error on my behalf or the game and I didn't manage to get a save file so if it's too difficult to replicate, maybe ignore until someone else can confirm.

5. The ability to scroll (with the mouse wheel) is non-existant in the "Goals Achieved" area of the Mission Configuration screen for a mission.

6. There is no description/brief for Venera 9 in the Venus Probes' missions

7. There is a spelling mistake in the Viking 1 mission for Mars Probes. It is Stage 1 of Season 2/3 and it currently spells "Eart-Mars transit".

8. I think there is some sort of problem in watching Season 2/3 of Viking 1 from MC. It just freezes on the first stage requiring a restart of the game. I think it happens on another mission too, I'm just not sure which one/s.

If I knew the location of the save files I would attach a save for point 8 so you know what I'm talking about

Cheers!
"I've invented the Quadricycle!"

"Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck"
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Suggestions, bug fixes, misc for 0.7.6

Post by krgu48 »

8. I think there is some sort of problem in watching Season 2/3 of Viking 1 from MC. It just freezes on the first stage requiring a restart of the game. I think it happens on another mission too, I'm just not sure which one/s.
Have you maybe used the animation skip in the performance of multiseason mission? Please, place your save files, so that we can check if bugs occur in other players.
flightmaster

Post by flightmaster »

krgu48 wrote: Have you maybe used the animation skip in the performance of multiseason mission? Please, place your save files, so that we can check if bugs occur in other players.
Any idea where the save files are located?

"Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck"
krgu48
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by krgu48 »

flightmaster wrote: Any idea where the save files are located?
Save files (in Windows 7) are in: C:\Users\User_name\AppData\LocalLow\MatrixGames\BASPM\

More info in: viewtopic.php?f=262&t=45766
Last edited by krgu48 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flightmaster

Post by flightmaster »

Hmm upon messing around with it again, it appears that point 8 must have been a temporary glitch, it's working fine now... But thanks for the tip on where to find the save files, it'll help for future reference.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”