Unassigning the pilot

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Unassigning the pilot

Post by nats » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:13 pm

A problem I have come across in my present game and not very likely to happen very often was when I scheduled a mission and assembled the mission control team including one of my two available astronauts as Capcom (the best one as it happened because the game picks the best one for you). But when I got to the pilot assignment I realised I only had a rubbish astronaut left. I assigned him any way. Then I changed my mind and went back to the mission assembly via the VAB. But there was no way to assign the worse astronaut for Capcom because he was already being recorded as being used for the pilot. And I couldnt go onto the pilot assignment without filling in all the mission control staff. And the clear assignment button didnt clear the pilot assignment on the mission control assignments.

So in the end luckily I had a third astronaut in training, I had to go to him take him out of training, use him as capcom just in order to free up my best astronaut for the pilot position, very messy. If I hadnt had a third astonaut I would have had to keep the worst astronaut as pilot or cancel the mission (and lose the money for it no doubt)

Solution to this is to have the clear assignments button clear both the mission control AND the astronaut assignments. That would sort it. As it is not a very important 'bug' as things go.

Of course I am not sure which is most important as skills go - the Capcom or the Pilot position. Sure it must be the pilot though! So really the pilots should be assigned before the mission control staff, shouldnt they?
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Unassigning the pilot

Post by Nacho84 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Hello nats,

Yes, I see what you mean. It's a strange case indeed, but I think it makes sense to change the code so that both Flight Crews and Flight Controllers get cleared when pressing the 'Clear All Positions' button. I'll try to fit it in the next patch.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

nats

Post by nats » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Great thanks for that I am sure I wont be the first nor last to come across that issue. Just helps with role playing as well, being able to pick and choose your crew easily helps with that, although not as much as will the photos when they come.

By the way which is the more important position in the game - is the Astronaut weighted more highly than Capcom?
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Definitely the astronaut, yes. In manned missions, the chances at each step are computed based on the hardware and the astronauts skills. Flight Controllers skills (including CAPCOMs) are only taken into account when things go wrong in the first calculation.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”