version 1.5

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

kane544
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

version 1.5

Post by kane544 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:24 pm

This has probably been asked a million times already but, I was wondering when we should expect the release of 1.5?

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: version 1.5

Post by Nacho84 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Hello kane,

No worries at all!

Short story: version 1.5 should be available sometime next week.

Long story: at the moment I'm visiting Slitherine's offices pretty much every week. I had left a set of 1.5.0 builds for all platforms and stores (PC, OSX and iOS) on April 8th, but then we got a report earlier this week about issues when registering an account inside the game itself, so I fixed it and had to create a new set of builds. I've left the builds to my assigned producer during my visit last Wednesday. They need to do some internal testing before making the build available. I'll ping him on Monday to get a more precise date, but I'm confident the build will be available sometime next week for all desktop platforms.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

kane544
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by kane544 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Thanks for the update Nacho. :D

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello Kane,

I just spoke to Slitherine. They told me that the installer for the patches of the desktop versions have been built. Once Apple approved the iOS build that has been submitted last Thursday (might take a few days), SPM 1.5.0 will go live for all platforms.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

MrMan146
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by MrMan146 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Cool! Any changelog? And I wish it were comming for Linux or Android! xD

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:46 pm

Yes :) You can find the changelog here.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

MrMan146

Post by MrMan146 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks! And outta interest, are there any plans for us to see the gameon Linux and/or Android any time soon? I'd love to be able to play this on my own tablet, but it's an Android tablet so, you know.

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:19 am

MrMan146 wrote:Thanks! And outta interest, are there any plans for us to see the gameon Linux and/or Android any time soon? I'd love to be able to play this on my own tablet, but it's an Android tablet so, you know.
Sorry, I forgot to answer this question. We're not planning to release the game on Linux at the moment. We do have plans to release the game on Android at some point, though.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

dmantione
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by dmantione » Thu May 14, 2015 2:04 pm

I have been reading announcements of this game with interrest for some time... it sounds fun and is already supported on a number of platforms... was hoping for Linux to be added.

I would have no problems to commit buying it. What if x users commit to buy a Linux version?

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Hello dmantione,

Unfortunately for the moment I don't have the resources to support Linux. I understand this might be frustrating to some players, but personally I don't have a lot of experience in that platform and I'm very concerned that if I were to create a Linux version I'll start getting reports for technical issues that I'd have to deal with. That being said, I was told by one of our closest members of the community that the game works fine on Wine. PM me if you're interested in this option and I'll double check with him so that we can be 100% sure.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

dmantione
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by dmantione » Thu May 14, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm generally reserved towards Wine. It has definately has its uses, but few games work perfectly, you have to work to make games work, such as copying DLL's from a real Windows system (which is technically piracy) and there is absolutely no support from the developer if something turns out not to work. That makes it a kind of difficult decision to put money into it.

On the other hand, Wine seems a rather usefull tool for quick software ports. For example the "Linux version" of Teamviewer is actually the Windows version compiled against Wine. You don't notice this as a user, it installs like a native application and there is nothing to complain while using the software.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”