Beating the AI and cheat codes

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

bumble410
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Beating the AI and cheat codes

Post by bumble410 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:07 pm

I have been playing this game (love it BTW), but I have yet in about 15 tries, as both the US and Soviet player in campaign mode, to beat the AI to the moon. I suspect that it is probably me being a poor player, but I wonder if the AI has a specific program that it follows or does it work off what the human player is doing? I am scared every quarter when the news box comes to see the AI has progressed one or more steps ahead and I fall further behind. Don't the AI have failures too? I have only played in normal mode, (why try harder if I can't beat the lowest), and I have attempted various systems, with few or no probes, using the best personnel, attempted at the lowest possible R&D rates to achieve goals as quickly as possible, invariably end up losing several astro/cosmonauts, been frugal with money, spent it like water, nothing gets me to the moon prior the AI. I thought with the Tiger Teams addition that might help me, but it hasn't. I have read the "When did you land on the Moon" forum and I wonder if these achievements were in sandbox or were they against AI or real opponents. And I saw where one posting said used no cheat codes. Are there cheat codes for this game? Thankfully the sandbox mode allows me to work on my best times reaching the moon with out the stress of watching my team fall behind, my personal best reaching the moon being Q3/1972, as US. Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, and have you really beaten the AI and how.

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Beating the AI and cheat codes

Post by Nacho84 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello bumble,

Very happy to hear that you're enjoying the game :) I'll let fellow players to share their experiences but, from my side, I can confirm that there are no cheat codes. What you can do is open up the savefiles in a regular text editor and grant you extra prestige or money.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”