Ageod takes you back to the Civil War

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master. This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Ageod

Philkian
Slitherine
Slitherine

Ageod takes you back to the Civil War

Post by Philkian »

Ageod (http://www.ageod.com) is proud to announce the upcoming release of this grand strategy game set during the bloody battles of the American civil war: Civil War II.

After the great success of American Civil War - The Blue and the Gray, Ageod has built on its success with many more features and content in this sequel to the classic game of the genre. The game covers the entire USA, from the Eastern seaboard to the Rockies, from 1861 to 1865. It also stretches to Mexico and the Northern Caribbean. There are 5 main scenarios from the battle of Shiloh all the way up to the Grand Campaign.

The map is divided into more than 3,000 regions, which contain a variety of terrain, climates and civil development level. There are over 400 historical leaders with historically characteristic strengths and weaknesses. The model covers features such as Weather, Attrition, Supply, Fog of War and more!

“While The Blue and the Gray was already accepted by the community as one of the best games set during the American Civil War, we felt that we could do even more and with the improvements we’ve made in our AGE engine, we are able to provide a smoother and richer version of the game” says Philippe Thibaut, Director of Ageod. “The engine has evolved and so will the game, with more features, better and faster UI and much more. Civil War II is going to be a must-have for anyone interested in the period”.

The 150th anniversary of this historical event fits perfectly with the release of this game, a perfect tribute in commemoration of those men who fought for their beliefs.

We are now recruiting Beta testers for this game! You can sign up here.

Get more information on Civil War II from its official product page.
Samhain
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Ageod takes you back to the Civil War

Post by Samhain »

Finally an American Civil War game I think I would like. I've been interested in the American Civil War ever since I bought Pharaoh at a bazaar sale (funnily enough there are bazaars in Pharaoh) and a demo of Civil War Generals 2 was on it.
In spite of the Final Fantasy character it's pronounced sao-win after the Irish pagan god of death. I'm not a pagan but we're on a wargames website so I thought it fitting.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

The news announcement on CW2 has some screenshots by the way :D
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
Samhain

Post by Samhain »

It looks pretty good and that's a big attraction as every other civil war game I've seen has had either OK or not great graphics. A WW1 game last year and American Civil War this year, it just gets better and better. 8)
In spite of the Final Fantasy character it's pronounced sao-win after the Irish pagan god of death. I'm not a pagan but we're on a wargames website so I thought it fitting.

Return to “Civil War II”