The team have been hard at work and have the first patch ready for a public beta 1.01. It includes a host of changes and fixes and even a new scenario!
You can download the beta patch here:
http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/CW2/Pa ... 1PBrc1.zip
ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CivilWarI ... 1PBrc1.exe
Full Change Log:
Release Date: September 26, 2013
How to update your game:
This patch is a comprehensive patch. It can upgrade to latest version any previous version of CW2.
Exceptionally, you'll be prompted again for your serial key. This is because we are updating the file storing it, so we can disable turn compression by default for all users (increased stability). Sorry for the inconvenience.
LIST OF CHANGES
- Bonus Scenario:
-There is a new mid-sized scenario proposed in this patch, the West Campaign, featuring the operations of famous generals Grant, Sherman, Johnston and a few others well-known faces. This campaign lasts 24 turns and is a great stepping-stone for people wanting to prepare for the Grand Campaign!
- Flag fluttering is stopped during hosting.
- Scrolling is now done 3 messages at a time in message panel (half of message panel height).
- Leaders masking others stacks in region get more informative tooltips
- Boot icon tooltip fixed
- Tab in ledger renamed
- Changed the look of some CSA flags
- Very slow or under recruitments units get a brown ribbon.
- Battle planner will trigger often (there can be false positive, i.e it triggers but no battle ensues)
- Blockade Runner 'income' increased (were suffering from the reduction from 'easy OMB handling')
- Development level increases moderately movement cost (-20% speed in wild region, -10% in cleared, no change above)
- Weather will be more variable depending of the grand weather zones.
- Neutral units can't pillage your regions.
- Battle planner will only trigger if a battle is certain. At most 5 deployments shown and usable.
- Recon&Raid max distance from 5 to 2 regions
- AI Aggressivity down, overall and in Mid-Atlantic particularly
- AI dismiss brigades more often resulting in improved formations with more punch!
- Optimized slightly AI recruitments
- Added events (USA) for Indian Home guard units in KS (thanks Ol'Choctaw)
- Unlocked Tennessee in July
- Union River Ironclads can be built earlier
- KY neutrality event cancelled
- Added event for Texas-Mexico border trade
- Several new flavor events added for CSA and USA
- Fixed CSS Alabama construction events
- Fixed volunteers options
- Fixed Slaves options
- Improved Industrial Options (icons on the map)
- Divisions can now be formed from October 61 only (no limit)
- Corps can now be formed from March 62 only (no limit)
- Naval Engineer ability added (explains they speed up ship construction/repair)
- Added rail repair fastest attribute (x2) to engineers and pioneers
- Fixed movement type of rangers (and 'light' units) to avoid their frequent 'walk on water' capabilities, plus a terrain cost was fixed
- Fixed links between AZ OMB and map
- Fixed some VA multiple entry ports
- Fixed intermixed images of J. Palmer (admiral and general were swapped)
- Reduced Defensive Works decisions trenches level from 8 to 4 and increased its duration to 2 turns instead of 1
- Fixed some wronged weather names on terrains
- Fixed wrong elements names of Longstreet and Cocke's brigades
- Added Nashville force + Zollicoffer in April campaign (June reinforcement missing)
- Removed double Central California garrison
- Fixed wrong Army names at start
- Union cottonclads are now Tinclads
- Brigades OH/PA are in the game
- Minor Map fixes (St Paul MN)
- Added initial shipyards in Cairo IL and Saint Louis MO
- Fixed Models for erroneous abilities and pictures (siege art)
- Fixed Units for erroneous zones of construction (siege arty)
- Fixed some abilities displayed wrongly
- Fixed regions for proper city sprite position displays
- Minor Terrain fixes
- Added Dynamic Graphics to give more feedback on region structures to player
- Fixed some upstate NY cities wrong location
- Fixed Indian territory settlements and forts
- Added some CSA redoubts (Camden AR, Ft Pillow)
- Fixed Eastern TN unionists + added Knoxville and Chattanooga as strategic cities