Qs

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master. This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Ageod

FOARP
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Qs

Post by FOARP »

1) Is this game any good? I've seen some AGEOD games (The Great War for example) and wasn't impressed.

2) Is it really possible to bring in the British/French/Mexicans/Spanish on your side playing as the CSA/USA?

3) How complex is the diplomacy?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Qs

Post by VPaulus »

Civil War II section is more active in Matrix forum than in here. Perhaps you could try put your questions there.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1256
ReviewGameX27
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Qs

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Unfortunately, they forum there doesnt work for me. It seems I am logged in there normally but then in forums i am a guest and cant post :-)

For your Qs:
1. The game seems amazing. But after 8 hours of playing I have serious trouble to understand the combat system. It seems to take everyting into account but then also seems to be totally random (for example u get to chose tactics in big battles but I cannot see any difference in the outcome for one or another tactic). Also terrain should be important but again, you cannot tell if it had any influence. There are no information about it in the result or battle screen. And this list goes on and on. Maybe I dont see how it works, but as a paradox gaming veteran and 8 hours of reading forums, manual and trying it out I dont get...

2. Should, but didnt get those.

3. There is none :-) Ur progress in the campaign seems the main factor for foreign powers to join u.

Return to “Civil War II”