A community update for Armageddon!

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Re: A community update for Armageddon!

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:Very interesting update, but seems very unbalanced without replasement enemy units in scenarios and campaigns
How do you think unit replacement should change?
it is a good day to die
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

deranzo wrote:How do you think unit replacement should change?
If enemy have no AA units, they can't do anything to flyers. As i remember, most campaign scenarios have no or little AA units. I will test this update on vanilla campaign today
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:
deranzo wrote:How do you think unit replacement should change?
If enemy have no AA units, they can't do anything to flyers. As i remember, most campaign scenarios have no or little AA units. I will test this update on vanilla campaign today
Ok thats good.
One of reasons I have made it optional was this. If it is too unbalanced, I can modify all campaign/scenerios to enemy has some AA units.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

This is mostly experimental due to lots of changes are needed with this new mechanic. So, for now please just use it for testing and send feedback how to balance units with this new update. We can make Armageddon more tactical game together.
it is a good day to die
fritzjoel
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by fritzjoel »

Can the community update be used with the GOG release?
acesman

Post by acesman »

Will this work in the GOG version of the game?
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

acesman wrote:Will this work in the GOG version of the game?
Sadly, not yet. But we are working on it. It will supprt GOG version later.
it is a good day to die
Japhet
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Japhet »

Not sure if this is the right place, but since it seems directly linked to the community update, I'll post it here. I have an issue with the dialog/mission selection during the campaign. Whenever I/the comander talk to a npc (the com officer, Dante, Yarrick, etc.) my/his replies are not shown properly in one dialog box, but in seperate ones.
bug2.jpg
bug2.jpg (79.22 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
This bug kinda screws up the dialog order and as a result the mission/scenario slection. Take for example, the very first mission:
bug4.jpg
bug4.jpg (74.96 KiB) Viewed 24421 times
You have to pick the "counter-attack!" option for the dialog to progress and then the "investigate..." option. This results in you having to play both scenarios in succession, which screws up the campaigns flow. This bug also appears in the campaigns in the space marine dlcs. Has anybody encountered this bug too and does anybody know a fix for this?
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Japhet wrote:Not sure if this is the right place, but since it seems directly linked to the community update, I'll post it here. I have an issue with the dialog/mission selection during the campaign. Whenever I/the comander talk to a npc (the com officer, Dante, Yarrick, etc.) my/his replies are not shown properly in one dialog box, but in seperate ones.
$matches[2]
This bug kinda screws up the dialog order and as a result the mission/scenario slection. Take for example, the very first mission:
bug4.jpg
You have to pick the "counter-attack!" option for the dialog to progress and then the "investigate..." option. This results in you having to play both scenarios in succession, which screws up the campaigns flow. This bug also appears in the campaigns in the space marine dlcs. Has anybody encountered this bug too and does anybody know a fix for this?
This should have been long fixed by now. Can you download my latest updated exe please: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufaeswenxcvz1 ... a.rar?dl=0
it is a good day to die
Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Aekar »

Hello,

I think I'll use this thread for bug report, if you don't mind.

When playing any game, on resolution 1920x1080 (unsure how important it is):
if I click on a trait to the right, it instead proposes me to rename my unit. Seems like a hitbox is a bit too big.
to see a trait description, I then have to right click on a unit instead, then click on the trait from the unit description.

Happened to me, for instance, when playing first scenario of Act I.
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Another idea for community update.
When you attack unit with low line of sight (1-2 hexes) from the distance, he still can react fire you with his long range weapons, even if noone can't see you. Is it possible to remove such feature?
em
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by em »

Is there a way to use the community update on MacOS X?
Sam_Wolf

Post by Sam_Wolf »

Dropbox link is dead. Any alternatives?
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Sam_Wolf wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:40 pm Dropbox link is dead. Any alternatives?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyvdzkuia8m6a ... ta.7z?dl=0
it is a good day to die
F3n1xESP

Post by F3n1xESP »

Sorry for the necro! I'm trying to play, but I'm getting a few CTD related to missing unit textures. The first I got was in the mission The shuttle, now I'm getting the same in the mission where you use the Steel Hammer Titan (can't remember the name). The texture missing seems to be of an ork unit, the error I get says.

Gui.cpp:29 (GuiPicture::GuiPicture)
Monkey failed texture loading: 'UI/gameview/unit
images/big_trakk_killkannon_with_shoota_boyz.png'
(0)

Then throws an unhandled exception and the game closes. I managed to avoid the crash by duplicating an image in the path of the error and renaming it, but the unit still misses the sprite, so appears invisible.
Aethelrod

Post by Aethelrod »

I purchased the game and all DLC from G.O.G. When I run the exe. , I get a message that I need a full version from Steam or stand alone to run. Help, please.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Aethelrod wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:15 pm I purchased the game and all DLC from G.O.G. When I run the exe. , I get a message that I need a full version from Steam or stand alone to run. Help, please.
There might be an easy workaround for this. First launch the regular game executable. I suppose it will show you a launcher screen which allows you to launch the actual game, just like the Steam version does. Now Launch the Mod version executable, which should bring you to a similar launcher. Now launch the mod game from there. If this doesn't work and you still get the error, then unfortunately you may need to register your GOG game + DLC on Steam somehow and repeat the procedure. I know Slitherine usually provides support for such, so search this forum for Steam registration.
DarMut

Post by DarMut »

Hello. I immediately apologize for my English.

In which file are traits configured?

Making a great mod based on "mega merge mod".
Despite the fact that the named mod was made on the basis of this patch, the "flyer" features and everything else related to air attacks do not work in it.
DarMut

Post by DarMut »

Well, please help me. This is the only thing that I could not find/understand on my own.
DarMut

Post by DarMut »

By the way. I compared the original and the game with this patch - there is no difference in the presence of the "flyer" trait and any troops can attack them, although it is stated otherwise.

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”